How to get Adwords tracking working

Please post your issues and questions about One Page Checkout for Virtuemart 2 to this forum.

How to get Adwords tracking working

Postby jeroen@.....nl » Mon Jun 02, 2014 2:44 pm

I followed the forum post instructions on this forum on how to configure OPC to track Adwords. But what do I have to configure on the Adwords site to get this working? I do not understand at all.
Google support keeps asking what the goal URL is, but as far as I know there is none, right?
jeroen@.....nl

Re: How to get Adwords tracking working

Postby admin » Mon Jun 02, 2014 4:08 pm

hello, let me send the printscreens:

1. Get the adwords tracking code by clicking Tools -> Conversions in your Google Adwords page:

IMAGE1:

OR if you hadn't created the code yet, you may do so by clicking NEW in the adwords page:

Ok, now when you see the code as shown at the IMAGE1 above:

you can see the variables which you need to copy one by one to OPC's config of the adwords here:

IMAGE2: (OPC Tracking -> Adwords tab)

Then you need to make sure it's enabled ONLY per the desired status (confirmed in my example) and the plugin that handles it is also enabled (Tracking tab):
IMAGE3:

For testing purposes, so you know that the code was properly executed you may want to add this code:
Code: Select all
<script>alert('{bt_order_status}');</script>

as shown at the bottom of IMAGE3

Into the code text area below. This will show a pop-up windows with "C" message once OPC detects the Confirmed status and you'll know that the code got executed properly. If the pop-up does not show up, there is an issues:
- with your javascripts on the site
- or opc didn't properly recognized your payment method's thank you page, or the order status change

It's also important that unless you don't want the code to get executed twice, you should remove it from other order statuses:

best regards,
stan
admin
Site Admin

Re: How to get Adwords tracking working

Postby admin » Mon Jun 02, 2014 4:12 pm

Hello, i also must say that the "goal URL" is variable on VM and normally you do not know where the thank you page gets rendered as it depends on your payment methods (return urls)

Best Regards,
Stan
admin
Site Admin

Return to One Page Checkout for Virtuemart 2