Normal register users get no customer ID assign

Please post your issues and questions about One Page Checkout for Virtuemart 2 to this forum.

Normal register users get no customer ID assign

Postby gestion@.....com » Sat May 31, 2014 1:52 pm

Hi Stan

In our website we use 2 type of registers.

For our normal desktop view we use the redirected register, users register with all VM2 fields and then proceed to checkout, confirm order and they get a customer ID assigned perfectly.

However in our responsive website users register by normal joomla register, they fill in the rest of details at checkout, the process works fine but we noticed that this customers get no ID assigned until we manually go in to their account and save it from backend where an ID is created.

Don't really know if there is any bad effect for this or is just a visualization issue.

Regards

PD: We are using OPC 2.0.244 VM 2.6.6 and Joomla 2.5.20
gestion@.....com

Re: Normal register users get no customer ID assign

Postby admin » Mon Jun 02, 2014 5:00 pm

hello manu, sadly if the customers don't get logged in immidiately after they register with joomla or VM registration,

- opc or vm does not know their user IDs

and thus it cannot assign the order to the user. In OPC checkout what i did is that once the registration is detected (even without logout) opc automatically assigns the order to the user.

But if the registration without login happens on other site (such as joomla registration, or VM registration) the user_id is not stored anywhere.

The solution to this problem (which could be a security risk) is to assign the user_id per the email address detected at the checkout to the new order.

Let me know if this is what i should do in this matter.

Further:
- after VM2.6.x (and latest opc) the user does not get logged in at all (not even the special guest mode) after the registration IF activation or other action is required to prevent a normal login
- it's possible (but i am not sure right now) that VM got rid of the "login" functionality at all during the classic registration

Best Regards, Stan
admin
Site Admin

Return to One Page Checkout for Virtuemart 2