JoomSEF conflict

Please post your issues and questions about One Page Checkout for Virtuemart 2 to this forum.

JoomSEF conflict

Postby info@.....cz » Thu May 29, 2014 11:23 am

Hello once again,
I was wondering why do I have my HTML structure and classes changed on some pages (product detail on one site, and thank you page on every site) and discovered that it's a conflict between One Page Checkout and JoomSEF.

It takes my menu <ul class="nav "> and makes it <ul class="menu">. I just couldn't get it, how is this even possible. See - the same website, just one is on a bugged page (product detail, on the right side) and one is on a homepage (which is alright; in the left picture).
ImageImage

So I digged deeper into it and found out that it changes not only the main menu on the pic above, but every menu and all list-based (ul) modules. See my breadcrumbs code (on the left it's correct, and bugged on the right side - ul is gone):
ImageImage

And both of these pages share the template, it's not a template bug. When I turn JoomSEF off, it works. When I keep JoomSEF on and turn OnePage off, it works as well.
I also tried renaming all possible files and found out that this bug disappears when I rename \components\com_onepage\helpers\language.php to some nonsense (but of course, the onepage checkout in the cart doesn't work then), so it could be some little creepy bug connected with this.

Do you have an idea how to make it work again? :) I'm using the latest com_onepage2.0.244 and the same goes for JoomSEF (latest, 4.5.1 I guess and its VM plugin 3.0.22).

Thank you for your support.
info@.....cz

Re: JoomSEF conflict

Postby admin » Thu May 29, 2014 6:48 pm

hello, opc in no way modifies your page in this matter, but if you'd like i can help you over ftp on your site to find out the solutions for your problems - you can write us to info@rupostel.com in czech if you'd like.

we will need your:
- ftp access
- backend access

this issue seems to be caused by the theme which uses the url parameters to render some sections of your site. Once JoomSEF (or other extensions, but not OPC) changes the URLs, the theme may think it's at a different page and thus render different html.

This is a classic problem for example with the manufacturer view where when SEF enabled (not only JoomSEF) the page looks different then when SEF is not enabled at all. The problem is for example that the virtuemart_category_id in one case is not set and it the other case it is 0 which causes this issue.

Within your case usually the Itemid gets changed per SEF logic which influences the page rendering of the modules.

best regards,
stan
admin
Site Admin

Postby info@.....cz » Mon Jun 02, 2014 3:58 pm

I've send you an email last Friday. Thank you for your help, I hope you manage to find a solution.
info@.....cz

Postby admin » Mon Jun 02, 2014 4:49 pm

hello, the email you've sent us was missing credentials for your apache firewall (htpasswd) so we only now had time to check your site, but we didn't see any issue.

pls disable OPC and see if the problem persists. this is most probably not a bug, but a misconfiguration of JoomSEF or Joomla menu. Some extensions, plugins, SEF, J.menu can alter Itemid or other global variables which make the theme to think that it's at a different page and thus return a different html, which is normal as far as the Itemids are properly configured.

if you are using "ajax search pro" you may want to disable it to see if the problem could possibly be there.

best regards,
stan
admin
Site Admin

Postby info@.....cz » Thu Jun 05, 2014 8:53 pm

I just want to thank Stan for really great attitude for our troubles which are not even directly caused by OnePage Checkout,
he managed to find and deal with the most important bug causing the troubles mentioned above very quickly a provided us with a solution that will be also included in the next OPC version. The rest of the problem is very little and Stan is still actively helping us to get better support from Artio.

Thank you for your fascinating support!
info@.....cz

Postby admin » Fri Jun 06, 2014 12:30 pm

hello, to specify the problem for everybody here, it is caused by running JRoute::_ from onAfterRoute event.

Example code:
Code: Select all
class plugin extends JPlugin {
function onAfterRoute()
  {
        $id = JRequest::getInt('virtuemart_product_id', 0);
       $cid = JRequest::getInt('virtuemart_category_id', 0);
       $url = 'index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=productdetails&virtuemart_product_id='.$id;

if (!empty($cid))
       $url .= '&virtuemart_category_id'.$cid;

$itemid = JRequest::getInt('Itemid', 0);
       if (!empty($itemid))
       $url .= '&Itemid='.$itemid;
       // this line causes the issue - i disabled it in the latest opc which makes the return links non-sef always:
       $u = JRoute::_($url);
  }
}

i need to check your theme - on which variable gets changed upon using the JRoute in this case.

best regards,
stan
admin
Site Admin

Return to One Page Checkout for Virtuemart 2