Acymailing subscription, how to

Please post your issues and questions about One Page Checkout for Virtuemart 2 to this forum.

Acymailing subscription, how to

Postby peter@.....com » Mon May 19, 2014 7:08 pm

Hi, I found several forum posts about displaying a subscription checkbox for the Acymailing newsletter in the OPC checkout. However, none of these work for me.
I have followed this post:
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=637&p=2086&hilit=acymailing&sid=4d622235a258168acff4da94b5fd5a41#p2086

1. created a checkbox in shopper fields, name Subscribe, title Subscribe
2. enabled Acymaling's plugin "AcyMailing : VirtueMart checkout subscription" and set the 'Subscribe' field as required
3. selected a mailing list that the users gets subscribed to if the checkbox is checked

The subscribe button shows up in the checkout form but does nothing. A new user gets added to the Acymailing users (which is standard for all registrations) but is not subscribed to any list.

Can you provide a clear "how-to" for setting up this checkbox?

My config:
Joomla 2.5.20, VM 2.6.0a, Acymailing Enterprise 4.6.2 (all latest).
peter@.....com

Re: Acymailing subscription, how to

Postby peter@.....com » Tue May 20, 2014 1:25 am

I have found a workaround that does the trick for me.

Acymailing has a great plugin for subscribing users on registration, called "(auto)Subscribe during Joomla registration". However, the output is not rendered in OPC, only in the native VM2 registration page.

So I temporarily disabled OPC, copied the code from the VM page, and pasted that in my onepage.unlogged.tpl.php template page. In my case, the code looks like this:

<table><tbody><tr class="acysubscribe"><td style="padding-top:5px" valign="top">Newsletter<input type="hidden" value="2" name="acylistsdisplayed_dispall" /></td><td ><table class="acy_lists" style="border:0px"><tr style="border:0px"><td style="border:0px"><input type="checkbox" id="acy_list_2" class="acymailing_checkbox" name="acysub[]" value="2"/></td><td style="border:0px;padding-left:10px;" nowrap="nowrap"><label for="acy_list_2" class="acylabellist">Alle klanten</label></td></tr></table><input type="hidden" name="allVisibleLists" value="2" /></td></tr></tbody></table>

This output can be different if you configure the plugin differently, so you have to do your own settings first. Also, the code can be cleaned up substantially if you use divs instead of tables. But the basics of this workaround are quite simple and this works fine for me.

Of course it would be great if OPC would render the output of this plugin automatically.
peter@.....com

Postby admin » Tue May 20, 2014 10:06 pm

hello, thank you very much for this fix. we were about to purchase acymailing to analyze this issue. it's a pitty they don't use the default VM's shopper fields, but you need to render your own. we will try to add this at the "italian checkbox" position, which is usuallly close to the "tos agree checkbox"

best regards,
stan, rupostel.com
admin
Site Admin

Postby info@.....com » Wed May 28, 2014 11:37 am

Hello,
I also have the same problem.
I know how to fix?
info@.....com

Postby admin » Sat May 31, 2014 1:21 pm

hello, we are integrating this into a new opc file:

\components\com_onepage\themes\sandwitch (or other opc theme) \overrides\acymailing_checkbox.php

but the question is:
1. is the number 2 a general subscription ID , or is it a specific mailing list ID (should we add the number two as hard written into the theme, or as a option of the opc backend)
2. what are the underlying language codes used here? i had search acymailing free language files, but there seems not to be any string to suit this purpose. for now we decided to use VM's COM_VIRTUEMART_FIELDS_NEWSLETTER so it looks like:

best regards,
stan
admin
Site Admin

Postby peter@.....com » Wed Jun 04, 2014 1:14 am

Hi, the number 2 is custom, it is the ID of the newsletter I want to subscribe my users to. Acymailing has several options, you can show different checkboxes for different mailing lists, subscribe users to all lists or just to 1 list. So my workaround was to first configure the Acymailing plugin the way I want it and then copy the code from the default VM checkout page. Not ideal but it works ...
peter@.....com

Postby peter@.....com » Wed Jun 04, 2014 1:19 am

About the language codes: there are 2 lines. Where it says 'newsletter' in my code, the should be a label like 'subscribe to' and where my code says 'alle klanten' should be the name of the newsletter.

But the way you did it in your exampke (subscribe to our newsletter) would be just fine.
peter@.....com

Postby admin » Wed Jun 04, 2014 11:17 am

hello peter, just before i wanted to release this witin the 245 version, Virtuemart got rid of the "Newsletter subscription" language tag, so i will most probably add it into opc language files which will require further traslation.

Secondly, i probably must also add the "2" within the config as it seems it's the newsletter ID, so this should be variable.

Best Regards, Stan
admin
Site Admin

Return to One Page Checkout for Virtuemart 2