[SOLVED] Fatal error: Cannot redeclare non static VirtueMart

Please post your issues and questions about One Page Checkout for Virtuemart 2 to this forum.

[SOLVED] Fatal error: Cannot redeclare non static VirtueMart

Postby support@.....com » Mon Nov 25, 2013 7:43 pm

Hi Stan,

I have an issue that occurs just after hitting the "Confirm Order" button, whatever the theme is selected. No issue if I disable OPC.

Joomla 2.5.16
VM 2.0.24
OPC 2.0.207 (updated from 2.0.138)
AwoCoupon (note that I try as well with disabled coupon usage in VM config, and get the same error)

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare non static VirtueMartCart::$_triesValidateCoupon as static OPCcheckout::$_triesValidateCoupon in /srv/d_realtaslan/www/testrealta.puma-it.com/htdocs/components/com_onepage/overrides/cart_override.php on line 621

The temporary fix was to disable OPC, but very frustrating as I am updating my client's website for the Holiday season.

Kind regards,
Hervé
Last edited by support@.....com on Tue Nov 26, 2013 3:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
support@.....com

Re: Fatal error: Cannot redeclare non static VirtueMartCart::$_t

Postby admin » Mon Nov 25, 2013 8:07 pm

Hello Harve, for some reason you must be running an old opc even after the update, because the variable is no longer used in OPC (for last several versions) and is all commented in the cart_override.php

This is what i suggest
- if you changed your theme, make a backup (either over ftp or opc backend if it has this option)
- you can make a backup of opc config if needed in /components/com_onepage/config/onepage.cfg.php
- uninstall with joomla installer
- install over

make sure your theme is at the proper place at /components/com_onepage/themes

Best Regards,
Stan
admin
Site Admin

Re: Fatal error: Cannot redeclare non static VirtueMart

Postby support@.....com » Tue Nov 26, 2013 3:34 am

Hi Stan,

Thank you very much!
Actually, I have re-applied the install zip, saved the configuration again, and it fixed the issue. Then I updated to 2.0.209, because I use the tracking features (adWords and Analytics).
I even installed twice. I do the same with joomla and any extensions. Nicholas from Akeeba Backup mentioned this issue with Joomla not always copying all the files. So it is always safer I think to install twice the same.

So now it is SOLVED! post title edited ;-)

Kind regards,
Hervé
support@.....com

Re: [SOLVED] Fatal error: Cannot redeclare non static VirtueMart

Postby admin » Tue Nov 26, 2013 4:23 pm

Hello Harve, i am glad this is solved. Pls let me know about the accuracy of adwords and analytics in v.209 as i did my best to have it working as much as possible. I also will add a negative affiliate tracking, so once the order is cancelled from a confirmed state a negative values will be sent to the affiliate - this should be available in next few versions.

The setting for g.analytics at the first tab of OPC config will be removed as the new section is now used and it's setting is ignored in v209.

Best Regards,
Stan
admin
Site Admin

Return to One Page Checkout for Virtuemart 2