Common bugs in Virtuemart 2.0.16

Please post your issues and questions about One Page Checkout for Virtuemart 2 to this forum.

Common bugs in Virtuemart 2.0.16

Postby admin » Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:13 pm

Hello friends, i just modified my Virtuemart 2.0.16 (from the virtuemart.net main download section) to fix (all in Backend)
- ordering buttons in shopper fields (up and down buttons)
- ordering of subcategories in category list view (BE)
- deletion of shopper fields (now the columns in userinfos+order_userinfos are only renamed, not actually deleted)

Additional functionality
- more internal (static) caching into vmTable
- added 2 new functions into vmTable (getMysqlVersion, isMysql51Plus) -> to differntiate on some queries
- moved _modifyColumn column from TableUserinfos and TableOrder_userinfos to vmTable (additional checks should be done as there seems to be a few unescaped queries (!) )

I believe the mods will be implemented in future versions of Virtumeart.

Full structure is here:
http://www.rupostel.com/fix_vm2016_bugs.zip

Anybody interested, please unpack to your root joomla directory.

IMPORTANT: THIS MOD WILL WORK ONLY AND ONLY WITH VIRTUEMART 2.0.16. IT IS NOT INTENDED TO BE USED ON ANY OTHER VERSION !

Tested on Vm 2.0.16 while logged and unlogged with and without OPC, php 5.4 + mysql 5.0.

Please let us know either by email or here if you find any issues with the modification.

Best Regards,
Stan
admin
Site Admin

Re: Common bugs in Virtuemart 2.0.16

Postby admin » Sat Dec 29, 2012 8:40 pm

We also fixed deletion of already existing multi field shopper fields such as select dropdowns, multi checkboxes and similar. Update for Virtuemar 2.0.16 can be downloaded at http://www.rupostel.com/fix_all.zip

Unzip to your root folder of you Joomla.

Kind Regards,
Stan
admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Sat Dec 29, 2012 8:44 pm

admin
Site Admin

Postby media@.....com » Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:19 pm

How will this affect the update feature of VM if they release a patch?
media@.....com

Postby gmourelatos@.....com » Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:51 am

I do have the same question.
Also if we update VM using your files can we later apply the 2.0.18 VM update that was recently published?
gmourelatos@.....com

Postby admin » Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:18 pm

Hello friends, i will delete this post soon as this patch is already included in the latest releases of 2.0.16c + next 2.0.18. We helped VM team to fix:
- ordering of the shopper fields
- ordering of the subcategories in the backend
- added CDATA sections to common VM javascripts so it does not give a validation errors
- added a few caching mechanisms on a few queries in tables and elsewhere
- added a failsafe form submit in case a add-to-cart json gives improper results so the customer gets redirected to the cart instead of seeing nothing being changed

If you find any issues with the features that we've implemented (in 2.0.16+), you are welcome to let us know. We will also soon migrate our largest customers from vm1.1.x to vm2 and we do also need vm2 to be business ready and we are very glad to share our experience with Virtuemart community.

For next update in Vm2 we will try to find out a way how to change xhtml invalidity in add to cart system where it uses numeric ids of products in <input type="hidden" name="customValue... id="80" ... and if the product is repeated on the site it causes many invalidity issues.

Best Regards,
Stan
admin
Site Admin

Return to One Page Checkout for Virtuemart 2