Coupon still there when item deleted from Cart

Please post your issues and questions about One Page Checkout for Virtuemart 2 to this forum.

Coupon still there when item deleted from Cart

Postby vagula.nikhil@.....com » Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:51 am

Hello, when you add an item and use a coupon, then change you mind and delete the product from the cart and continue with shopping and lets say you add another product, the checkout is reflecting the coupon. I want to force the deletion of coupon when items from cart are deleted and then the customer has to re-enter the coupon if they want to use the coupon.

please let me know, how I can fix this problem., thanks.
vagula.nikhil@.....com

Re: Coupon still there when item deleted from Cart

Postby admin » Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:47 pm

Hello, we recommend the Awo Coupons Extension for this where you can bind the coupon with a particular product. Our component does not process the coupons, but leaves this on VM or other 3rd party extensions.

We can speak with VM team if this is a general VM bug
- when using a coupon
- and deleting whole content of the cart
- the coupon is still there when adding another item

Best Regards,
Stan
admin
Site Admin

Postby vagula.nikhil@.....com » Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:28 am

Thank you for your response., would you be kind enough to check with the VM team to see if they are aware of this situation? And if there is a work around?

Also I googled and found this http://awodev.com/forum/awocoupon-virtu ... em-deleted

However, I do not see where the ps_cart.php file is at?

Any thoughts?
vagula.nikhil@.....com

Postby admin » Fri Oct 19, 2012 2:02 pm

Hello, the ps_cart.php is used purely in VM1.1.x. The VM2 system uses /components/com_virtuemart/helpers/cart.php

You could potentionally alter function setCartIntoSession when there are no products and delete the coupon code. I think what'd you'd like to do is a new feature, it is not really a bug. From my point of view when a customer enters the coupon and deletes all products he might still be interested on the coupon discount for the new products without retyping the coupon code.

Best Regards,
Stan
admin
Site Admin

Return to One Page Checkout for Virtuemart 2