'Logout Shopper Before and After Purchase' Issue

Please post your issues and questions about One Page Checkout for Virtuemart 2 to this forum.

'Logout Shopper Before and After Purchase' Issue

Postby rpcari@.....com » Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:49 am

We got our first repeat customer last week and they couldn't log into their account. I finally tracked down the issue. Maybe I misunderstood how this feature works in the 'Registration' tab. When I check the 'Log out shopper before and after purchase (from Joomla)' box, returning customers are unable to login. Maybe it's only meant for sites that only use guest checkout. Anyway, in my testing it looks like VirtueMart is logging you in but nothing happens, you're right back where you started. There are no error messages either.

I thought I had a corrupt installation so I uninstalled and reinstalled OnePage Checkout. Logging in during checkout worked great until I customized my settings. So I went through them one by one and this is the only one that stops repeat customers from logging in. Let me know if I shouldn't have been using it -- we want customers to be able to checkout whether they are registered or not.
rpcari@.....com

Re: 'Logout Shopper Before and After Purchase' Issue

Postby admin » Sun Oct 14, 2012 3:43 pm

Hello, yes, this feature will also unlog the shoppers which are already logged in the system. This is to prevent the logged theme to be displayed and enforce user data to be always filled within the form. This feature is there mainly for digital content providers who use registration to sell/provide their content.

From the customer point i believe the "silent registration" is the most easiest as the customer has only to fill his email address, he is automatically registered and the rest is sent to him by email (password, order confirmation, etc). There are a few problems with the silent registration as VM internal processing is a littlbe bit different when the two options are configured at the tab checkout - for this i am preparing a whole new registration page with a few new features such as
- easy captcha with simple mathematics and sophisticated hashing mechanisms over ajax in the background
- disable all other types of registration (so robots don't make spam registrations) such as joomla registration, standard VM registration, CB registration, etc..
- enforce OPC rules to this registration (username as email, no address name, double email, silent/normal registration)

Best regards,
Stan
admin
Site Admin

Postby rpcari@.....com » Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:52 pm

Thanks for the update, Stan. I suspected I misunderstood it. We are using 'Optional Registration' at present so I guess checking this feature was inappropriate. You might want to clarify on OPC's Registration tab that this feature is primarily for digital content providers, 'silent registration', or any other circumstances where you want guest checkout only, no registered users. My client has customers who object to being registered and having their account information stored so we are giving them the option so 'silent registration' is not an option.

In any case, I am very interested in your efforts to block spam registrations!
rpcari@.....com

Postby admin » Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:53 pm

Hello, yes, very true - i will do this.
Stan
admin
Site Admin

Return to One Page Checkout for Virtuemart 2