Extra Fields on Checkout

Please post your issues and questions about One Page Checkout for Virtuemart 2 to this forum.

Extra Fields on Checkout

Postby theodoridis@.....com » Sat Sep 29, 2012 5:50 pm

Hello,

I have just bought your one page checkout extension for VM2 and I think it is great!

When I was buying your extension, at your check out page, you had a section named "Company Information" with three fields. The company name, the EU VAT Tax ID and the Bank Account Number.

1. I know how to add the fields from the shopper fields in virtuemart configuration, but I do not know how to add the section Company Information. Can you please help me with this?
2. When the buyer enters a valid EU VAT ID, is it possible to change the prices not to include VAT?

Thanks
Chris
theodoridis@.....com

Re: Extra Fields on Checkout

Postby admin » Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:35 pm

Hello Chris, the sections can be done with delimeters which might not be supported by all OPC2 themes. Our shop runs on VM1.1.x and OPC1. We can check the delimeter functionality in OPC2. Regarding the EU VAT id we are planning a new functionality into next version of OPC where the shopper group would be changed during the checkout, so you can
- show prices without VAT but still count VAT (nl B2B setup)
- show prices with VAT (normal EU B2C setup)
- show prices without VAT and don't count VAT (B2B international)
- show prices per address (US settings)

This all can be set up using calculation plugins and a proper shopper groups which will be possible to alter within OPC checkout or data validation.

Best Regards,
Stan
admin
Site Admin

Postby theodoridis@.....com » Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:16 pm

Hello Stan,

Thank you very much for your answers.

My product versions
Joomla Version: 2.5.7
Virtuemart Version: 2.0.10
OPC2 Theme: icetheme_thestore

My new questions
1. Unfortunately, if I use the delimiter, instead of a new section I have a new column (actually half of the new column is outside the body of the page) inside the "bill to information" section. Do you think that this functionality will be included in the next version too?
2. When (and if) this will be fixed, will it be possible to choose if this section will contain fields that will have to be filled every time, like for example every time the user must choose the payment type?
3. And the most important for me - Because I will have a problem without the EU VAT functionality (and I know that this is not your mistake :D ), when do you think the new version with this functionality will be ready?

Thanks,
Chris
theodoridis@.....com

Postby admin » Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:49 pm

hello, i am preparing all new features into OPC2, you can check our new theme, which will soon be released:
http://vm2onj25.rupostel.com/index.php? ... art&add_id[]=8&qadd_8=100&opc_theme=sandwitch

The theme does separation of business/visitor logic. For the icetheme and pbv i am planning to add new "optional sections" such as "business registration". The very latest opc2 can also alter the shopper groups before user registration - even for unlogged according to business status. I can use EU validation code from OPC1 and add these options here.

Best regards,
Stan
admin
Site Admin

Postby theodoridis@.....com » Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:29 am

Hello,
It is great that you will make the optional sections possible, but when do you think that this and the EU VAT validation will be released? Sorry for asking again, but I really need them. I know that it isn't easy for you to know exactly the time those will be ready, but an estimate would be nice.
Thanks
theodoridis@.....com

Return to One Page Checkout for Virtuemart 2