Custom ItemId for checkout page

Please post your issues and questions about One Page Checkout for Virtuemart 2 to this forum.

Custom ItemId for checkout page

Postby ashleyp@.....uk » Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:35 pm

I see that there is a feature to display modules on the checkout page, which is what i want to do. But what is the item id I should add in here. is it the item id of the module or the menu, or am I missing the point.

Basically I want my cart module to appear on the checkout page as well.

Thanks
ashleyp@.....uk

Re: Custom ItemId for checkout page

Postby admin » Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:25 am

Hello, in general this is how joomla works:
- create a menu item (checkout) within the joomla menu manager at the backend (ideally as an external link like /index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=cart)
- it assigns an ID (which is the Itemid) to the menu - you can see it at the right side when you manage the menu
- then within the module configuration you can assign the module to a specific menu
- virtuemart might not be able to find out a proper itemid for the checkout page and that's why you can insert this itemid into the OPC backend config. (by default VM assigns first menu which it finds)

- if you need advanced module - itemid - component configuration, you may look for other custom plugins for joomla which will give you more dimensions into module assignment

This information works for both OPC1 and OPC2. You have to mind that some SEF extensions override the Itemid or store it which requires a deletion of the concerned URLs.

Best Regards,
Stan
admin
Site Admin

Return to One Page Checkout for Virtuemart 2