Vendor Not Receiving Order eMails

Please post your issues and questions about One Page Checkout for Virtuemart 2 to this forum.

Vendor Not Receiving Order eMails

Postby rpcari@.....com » Fri Sep 21, 2012 2:16 am

I have two clients using OPC -- one with PayPal and one with Authorize.net SIM. Neither client is receiving email confirmations of orders so they don't know when an order comes in. My testing indicates that customers aren't getting emails either although none have complained yet. I don't know if this is OPC or not. I see OPC says that the payment plugins are responsible for these email notifications. Do you have any idea why my clients aren't getting confirmation emails of their orders? I appreciate any help or information you might have on this issue. The PayPal client was getting order confirmations before using OPC but now, even if I turn OPC off, they don't.

If it helps, using the wire transfer payment method does send out email order confirmations. That payment method is just the VM 'Standard' payment with a note that we'll contact the customer with information to wire funds.That method never leaves VirtueMart like PayPal and Authorize.net SIM do.
rpcari@.....com

Re: Vendor Not Receiving Order eMails

Postby admin » Fri Sep 21, 2012 3:13 pm

Hello Cari,
in VM2 default behavior the emails are sent only when the order is confirmed by the payment processor (if there is one). Please check with a live payment in live mode (of a testing product of small amount).

I also have seen that some customers misformatted admin/vendor email entry which lead to emails not being sent.

If you'd like i can check this directly on your site with an FTP + backend access. It does work on my sandbox/authorize and paypal accounts on my server within my demos.

Best Regards,
Stan
admin
Site Admin

Postby rpcari@.....com » Sat Sep 22, 2012 9:39 pm

Stan,

I forgot to post to let you know I emailed you the credentials you requested. You should have received them yesterday or early today.
rpcari@.....com

Postby rpcari@.....com » Sat Sep 22, 2012 11:26 pm

Stan, While working on the invoice template, I couldn't figure out where a ghost character was coming from (totally unrelated to OPC). So I removed my template overrides from VirtueMart to see if it fixed it and it did.

Then I thought I would just take a chance and see if I could get email order confirmations. I can -- both the customer and the vendor are receiving confirmations now. I don't know why a template override would prevent email confirmations from being received but it did. I will have to determine which one caused it since there are several used to create the order confirmation and invoice. I used the same overrides on both client sites so I'm sure the other one will work as well when the overrides are removed.

I'm glad I found this before I wasted your precious time on it. I appreciate all your help.
rpcari@.....com

Return to One Page Checkout for Virtuemart 2