Having trouble getting up and going

Please post your issues and questions about One Page Checkout for Virtuemart 2 to this forum.

Having trouble getting up and going

Postby info@.....com » Wed Sep 12, 2012 11:51 pm

Hello - I just purchased and am testing this out - My cart does not seem to populate now when I "ADD TO CART," nor can I get to the new OPC page

I am probably missing something obvious with the setup - but I seem to have everything enabled and didn't find much in the documentation..

Do I need to link a certain page to a menu item? What is the default Cart Checkout page in VM 2 used by this plugin? Is it not: http://www.mydomain.com/my-cart/checkout/ ??

Here is the page I am working on (direct link only):

http://www.candleray.com/products/categ ... egory_id=0

Any direction much appreciated, thank you
-Eric in USA

J 2.5.6
VM 2.0.10
info@.....com

Re: Having trouble getting up and going

Postby info@.....com » Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:01 am

Can you please answer my question and help us get this going? This extension was over $60 USD and I can't even get it running and have had no response in a week. If I am missing something obvious my apologies, but I did not see much in the install manual. I appreciate your timely reply. Thank you.
info@.....com

Postby admin » Wed Sep 19, 2012 5:56 pm

Hello Eric, i apologize for slow response. This sort of issue must be fixed directly on your site as i think you might have some other problem with your setup, such as
- session problems
- ajax redirect issues within your SEF component

My component does not alter any functionality associated with "add to cart" of a normal VM and it only used to have a problem when some 3rd party extensions tried to load checkout within ajax page (a ajax dock cart february 2012 release).

I just checked your site and i see
- OPC is not enabled
- when i add a product to a cart, i see "continue shopping" only (no proceed to cart link)
- when i click it, the url says checkout, but is still on the category page
- when i manually inserted /index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=cart I got to the cart but there was no OPC
- i strongly recommend you to disable SEF which i believe is causing your issues - for OPC please disable sef for com_onepage at all and it would be also recommended to disable sef for all checkout pages (view=cart, view=edit*...) as SEF is no longer needed for customers who reached your checkout
- also you should get a designer to check the rendering of the ajax window after add-to-cart or disable it within VM config

Best Regards,
Stan
admin
Site Admin

Postby info@.....com » Sat Sep 22, 2012 12:50 am

Thanks for getting back to me Stan. Yes I had OPC disabled when you checked it out

I tried many things and everything you listed - we are definitely having conflicts with the SEF component

However I even reverted back to before I installed OPC and AceSEF and was having VM 2 cart population issues even then

I will keep testing and have a VM2 programmer check this out and post back any solutions I find

thanks again for your time - your component looks nice and I hope to get it working

Eric
info@.....com

Return to One Page Checkout for Virtuemart 2