Keep having problems with shipment

Please post your issues and questions about One Page Checkout for Virtuemart 2 to this forum.

Keep having problems with shipment

Postby info@.....com » Wed Aug 22, 2012 5:08 pm

I have two options available:

- shipping for a fixed price (4,95)
- shipping that allows you to pick up the order (0)

Now ocassionally the price dissapears on the fixed price...

We have discussed this multiple times but it keeps coming back. I have a default country and ZIP selected. Could you please fix this? As i'd like to go live with the website for the client. But I cant have customers ordering products without paying shipment ofcourse :)

http://www.hannahbestellen.nl

Thanks!
info@.....com

Re: Keep having problems with shipment

Postby info@.....com » Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:56 pm

Please respond.

Last time you said:

ok, i see, you might have a problem with the shipping:
what i'd suggest is to check the default country set up in OPC, automatic shipment selection in VM configu should be off so it does not override OPC default shipping

the problem with the shipping can be debugged this way:
1. when you close your browser and clean the cookies so the session restarts (also you can log in and log out) there is no shipping address associated in the default cart
2. when you first enter the checkout the address (country, state, zip, address) saves within the session so when you enter it second time, the shiping might be working correctly
3. so the question is: whether the shipping is limited to some addresses (country) and in case the country is not set or known the shipping might not work

I'd suggest to create one shipping method which would be always available or to try with the above steps if there really is a problem with a default address.
info@.....com

Re: Keep having problems with shipment

Postby admin » Wed Sep 12, 2012 11:32 am

hello, i'd like to help you with the shipping problems. last week i did a few changes to OPC which fixed several issue related to shipping address which could have lead to problems with either payment or shipping plugins.

after having a look on your site, i would suggest
- update opc to fix any issues fixed last week
- turn off "Use loader image" so there is always a shipping method loaded
- configure the shipipng methods to be available for any country (no contries listed in their config)

it is pretty complicated to investigate problems on your site and it would be really nice to know HOW could it happen that your customers ordered without shipping - maybe you can ask one of them so we know how to replicate the issue.

Best Regards,
Stan
admin
Site Admin

Return to One Page Checkout for Virtuemart 2