Error after clicking Confirm Order

Please post your issues and questions about One Page Checkout for Virtuemart 2 to this forum.

Error after clicking Confirm Order

Postby tony.brown@.....com » Sun Aug 05, 2012 4:56 am

I'm using Joolma 2.5 and Virtuemart 2.0.8e. After adding a product(s) to the shopping cart "Onepage Checkout" is displayed below the shopping cart. In Onepage Checkout, I enter the bill to information, choose a shipping and payment option and click confirm order. The error message I get is "Unable to process payment. Please contact the merchant as the shipping address provided by the merchant is invalid, and the merchant has requested that your order must be shipped to that address". Is there a fix for this problem?
tony.brown@.....com

Re: Error after clicking Confirm Order

Postby admin » Tue Aug 14, 2012 5:27 pm

Hello Tony, for troubleshooting this problem i would recommend the following steps

- first test if the payment works well when OPC disabled (either in plugin section or within OPC backend) - i recommend to create an inexpensive product with 1$ price and test with live payment outside sandbox accounts -> this is the main test of the configuration
- secondly i recommned when OPC enabled to check the following
-- if the payment does not render "name" field, then the first name and last name of the BT or ST section MUST be identical with the credit card name
-- check if the payment plugin's limitations are not very strict - i would recommend to delete all shopper groups and countries from the payment configuration so it is available for all customers
-- on each update of virtuemart you must update all the plugins installed into virtuemart - even 3rd party plugins because Virtuemart's plugin specification changes on every second final update of VM
-- i recommend to run only stable versions of Virtuemart released on official download page - the SVN builds are not tested so well as the released versions
-- i recommend to turn on error reporting in Joomla global config so you see any errors, notices or warnings during testing

If the problem stil persists, i can debug your payment plugin with a live payment via debuggin the plugin at /plugins/vmpayment/YOURPLUGIN/yourplugin.php on why it returns negative results while it should get processed and fix any OPC calls if necessary. OPC does not alter html code of the payment plugins and triggers all the calls as the normal VM process does during the checkout.

Best Regards,
Stan
admin
Site Admin

Return to One Page Checkout for Virtuemart 2