Total Tax doesn't show in cart with IE9

Please post your issues and questions about One Page Checkout for Virtuemart 2 to this forum.

Total Tax doesn't show in cart with IE9

Postby neil_portas@.....com » Sat Jul 21, 2012 2:25 pm

Hi,

I've been struggling to get the total tax to show up in the cart even though I've set everything correctly on the properties for One page Checkout. I've donwloaded Firefox and the total tax shows up without a problem. So their seems to be an issue with IE 9 showing the total tax in the cart.
neil_portas@.....com

Re: Total Tax doesn't show in cart with IE9

Postby admin » Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:59 pm

Hello, this can be caused by a javascript error in the theme especialy if you modified the theme and remoed an item with an id. Please specify:
- which theme are you using
- optionally your url so we can check the js errors

In IE the js errors are usually shown at the left bottom corner in the status bar. In FF or Chrome you can see them with CTRL + SHIFT + J

Best Regards,
Stan
admin
Site Admin

Postby neil_portas@.....com » Mon Jul 23, 2012 4:10 pm

neil_portas@.....com

Postby neil_portas@.....com » Thu Jul 26, 2012 3:43 pm

Hi,

Have you made any progress on this issue?
neil_portas@.....com

Postby admin » Thu Jul 26, 2012 7:07 pm

Hello, i just tested our icetheme demo with IE9 and your site, but i could not replicate this issue on my demos, only your site. I would like to debug your javascript to see why it does not show the totals. I suspect that the problem is in json deserialization under IE9 which might be conflicting with some of your other scripts.

function op_get_SS_response...

i would like to try to comment these lines:
/*
if ((JSON != null) && (typeof JSON.decode != 'undefined'))
reta = JSON.decode(resp);
else
{
*/
reta = eval("(" + resp + ")");
/*
}
*/

Also you may try to set up a proper default country which should see the tax depending. Is your shop set up for a US use where the tax is calculated per selected state? If yes, then the problem might actually be in the function under IE9 which selects the state. Please test if you get this problem for logged in users with different shipping addresses (one eligible for tax and the other not). What is the status of the US checkbox at the price tab?

Please contact me on my email info@rupostel.com and i can have a look on your site directly tommorow on friday.

Best Regards,
Stan
admin
Site Admin

Return to One Page Checkout for Virtuemart 2