Duplicate Orders on Checkout

Please post your issues and questions about One Page Checkout for Virtuemart 2 to this forum.

Duplicate Orders on Checkout

Postby steve@.....com » Thu Jul 19, 2012 2:27 pm

I think I have some shoppers double clicking during checkout. Is there a way to deny this from occurring?

I read in the feature list located at: https://www.rupostel.com/one-page-checkout-component/features/true-one-page-checkout-experience that I can change the text on the button or add text above it. I can't find where to do this.. hints anyone?

In the section:

All the checkout steps on one page
As you can see at our demo after visiting Cart page we managed to have all the checkout steps on one page. You can find user registration including optional shipping address fields, shipping methods and payment methods there. Our component uses shop.cart page of Virtuemart and supports SSL for the checkout page. Besides basic checkout input parts, you can also modify texts on submit button according to selected payment method and text above the button. You can optionally turn on login on the checkout page and turn off ajax check at the page load, so it is loaded even faster.
steve@.....com

Re: Duplicate Orders on Checkout

Postby admin » Mon Jul 23, 2012 2:02 pm

Hello, please specify if you are using the latest version of OPC which prevents the double clicks on the confirm button by 10 second time-out while it gets disabled (the confirm button must have a proper id for this functionality to work). We are also investigating if the double orders could be caused by unlogging after purchase as the login/logout form uses the current url which may trigger some of the VM code.

Best Regards,
Stan
admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Mon Jul 23, 2012 2:10 pm

steve@cs-advertising.com wrote:I read in the feature list located at: https://www.rupostel.com/one-page-checkout-component/features/true-one-page-checkout-experience that I can change the text on the button or add text above it. I can't find where to do this.. hints anyone?

Hello, we only recently added the language editor capabilities into OPC2 and this feature will implemented in OPC2 very soon as this depends on the language editor. Right now (23.7.2012) it is only a standard part of OPC1 for Vm1.1.x and it is being migrated for OPC2. We will try to incorporate this feature this week.

Best Regards,
Stan
admin
Site Admin

Postby steve@.....com » Mon Jul 23, 2012 2:27 pm

Thanks.. looking forward to the update. In the meantime I put a message on the checkout warning not to double click. We're using the current version OPC2 2.0.74
steve@.....com

Postby steve@.....com » Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:04 pm

Does OPC2 have the 10 second time-out for the Confirm button yet. If so, how do I implement it?
steve@.....com

Postby admin » Mon Aug 20, 2012 4:14 pm

Hello, yes, the latest versions block the button for 10 seconds so the checkout has enough time to send google ecommerce data, google adwords tracking or to do the actual inserts.

If you are using an older version of OPC we recommend to update to the latest. Please backup your themes in /component/com_onepage/themes/

Best Regards,
Stan
admin
Site Admin

Postby steve@.....com » Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:49 pm

We are not using Goggle Adwords. Can I turn this on and still use the button block?

Heads up.. the word "campaigns" need to be corrected on the Tracking tab.
Your Google adwords (or other comapaigns) tracking code.
steve@.....com

Return to One Page Checkout for Virtuemart 2