Automatic choice for shipping even with it turned off in VM

Please post your issues and questions about One Page Checkout for Virtuemart 2 to this forum.

Automatic choice for shipping even with it turned off in VM

Postby neal@.....com » Wed Jul 04, 2012 4:46 pm

Hi,

I have your component installed on a site that I built for a friend. Her business is in CA so we have an additional shipping option of 'Pick-up' for residents with a CA zip code. The problem is that it is chosen as default. I have turned off the 'Enable Automatic Selected Shipment?' in VM but still when someone hits the check out page and they have a CA zipcode it chooses the Pick up automatically. The problem is that many people don't see that and then they accidentally choose the pick up when they wanted it shipped.

You can see it in action at www.annasspices.com. If you add something to the cart and then go to the cart and put in a zip code of 9xxxx as soon as you tab out of the zip code field the new choice will be there. It correctly chooses the shipping option in this case. But if you re-load the cart the 'pick up' choice is now chosen (this will happen if someone logs in and is from CA also).

Any ideas.

Thanks,

Neal
neal@.....com

Re: Automatic choice for shipping even with it turned off in VM

Postby admin » Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:07 am

Hello Neal, you can try to set up a default zip within opc backend configuration. The default zip is used to get rates from ups and similar methods as they would not work without it. If this does not help you, i can help you directly on your site.

Once the zip is entered, it is saved in the session and you have to use a different browser to test it on (or wait untill session times out)

Best Regards,
Stan
admin
Site Admin

Return to One Page Checkout for Virtuemart 2