No check for valid e-mail address

Please post your issues and questions about One Page Checkout for Virtuemart 2 to this forum.

No check for valid e-mail address

Postby info@.....nl » Sun Jul 01, 2012 3:54 pm

Hello,

When using OPC with VM 2.0.8 and J2.5.6 there is no check for a valid e-mail address on checkout.
So when a customer wants to register he can use a non-valid e-mail address (for example just the word: "TEST") and it's submitted.
The order is processed, but VM says there is no valid e-mail address so it can't make a new useraccount.

Is there a possiblity to add a valid e-mail check ?

Thanks in advance
info@.....nl

Re: No check for valid e-mail address

Postby admin » Mon Jul 02, 2012 7:27 pm

Hello, ok, will check this as well. In VM 2.0.6 the validation is done with JQuery form validation framework - i will check for changes in this in Vm 2.0.8
Stan
admin
Site Admin

Postby info@.....nl » Tue Jul 03, 2012 3:07 pm

Hello Thank you for your changes and update.
It seems everything works fine with the latest changes.

I just have another question.

I see there is nog visual warning if someone enters an e-mail address which is already registered.
Is there something possible to give a visual warning for dublicated e-mail address?
info@.....nl

Postby admin » Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:10 am

Hello, if you have "duplicit email featute" on the first tab turned on, the checkout continues without any error. The user is not logged in, but his data are associated with his previous orders.

If you don't have the feature on, there should be an error messege shown and the checkout returns to the cart view. If it's not, let us know.

Best Regards
Stan
admin
Site Admin

Return to One Page Checkout for Virtuemart 2