Problems after registration

Please post your issues and questions about One Page Checkout for Virtuemart 2 to this forum.

Problems after registration

Postby info@.....nl » Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:05 pm

Hello,

When using registration on checkout everything is OK, all user-input is stored correctly in the database.
But on the "thank you"-page, it says: INFO: error missing field for name (and this on all the fields - see attachment).

I didn't notice it before, so I guess it is a problem with OPC.

You could see it on a-tembo.siteevaluator.nl/lego/ and just make a new account on checkout.

Hope you could figure it out.

Thanks
Bart
Attachments
screenshot-missingfields.png
screenshot-missingfields.png (19.72 KiB) Viewed 16199 times
info@.....nl

Re: Problems after registration

Postby admin » Mon Jun 25, 2012 11:53 am

Hello, this is a VM 2.0.7x (beta) bug and we are investigating this to help VM team to fix this issue. The problem will be fixed as new VM stable version will be released. You can try to update your installation from SVN which might fix this issue. Besides the notices there should be no problem with the saving of the individual fields.

Best Regards,
Stan
admin
Site Admin

Postby info@.....nl » Sun Jul 01, 2012 3:52 pm

With VM 2.0.8 (the latest stable release) the problem still exists. Is there already a solution for the missing fields?
info@.....nl

Postby info@.....nl » Sun Jul 01, 2012 7:49 pm

Hello Stan,

Above missing fields are related to the shipping address, not the billing address.
So when a customer doesn't want to provide a seperate shipping address (so when Billing address = shipping address) VM shows the warning messages of missing values for the shipping address fields.

When I choose to have a seperate shipping address and I leave the Shipping address name (nickname) empty I get the error "Check failed: ST has no name".

I think I have two solutions for the problems:
1. When Billing address = shipping address , just take all values from Billing address and post them as Shipping address.
Code: Select all
if(ST.fieldname=="") { ST.fieldname=BT.fieldname; }

2. When Shipping address nickname = empty, give a warning before posting OR get something like nickname = firstname + fullname of the customer.
if(ST.nickname=="") { error = warning; }

or
if(ST.nickname=="") { ST.nickname==BT.Firstname BT.Middlename BT.Lastname; }

I hope you can make a update of OPC for VM 2.0.8.

Thanks in advance
Bart
info@.....nl

Postby admin » Mon Jul 02, 2012 7:26 pm

Hello, thanks very much I will release an update max on tommorow. Today i fixed an issue of silent fatal error when the thumb directory is not writable. I will incorporate your fix in the next build. When no address is detected by the OPC checkout controller, it will add the shipping fields from the BT fields especially when the checkbox or radio is not selected.

Best Regards,
Stan
admin
Site Admin

Postby gareth@.....com » Sun Sep 30, 2012 12:57 am

Was this ever resolved as I seem to have the same problem. Registration/order works fine without OPC but with OPC on I get a list of registration errors (missing fields), even though the fields are completed and logged into the database.
gareth@.....com

Postby admin » Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:27 pm

Hello, this problem within OPC is fixed however we still we see this issue with many standard installations of VM. If you are having this issue on any non-beta, official releases downloaded from virtuemart.net site, we are willing to fix this for you on your site.

Best Regards,
Stan
admin
Site Admin

Postby gareth@.....com » Fri Oct 12, 2012 7:34 am

Hi Stan, I emailed "support" several days ago about this but I've not had a reply. I am using the current stable version of VM with Joomla 2.5 and OPC. Unfortunately the site is only on a local machine at the moment.

Thanks
gareth@.....com

Postby admin » Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:29 pm

hello gareth, i just wrote you an email. i believe that the "missing .." must be solved in the latest releases, however some 3rd party plugins might wrongly check for the address fields and give these errors. please chekc if you get this notices also on a different OPC them. I can help you solve this over FTP, if you'd like.

best regards,
stan
admin
Site Admin

Return to One Page Checkout for Virtuemart 2