Problems with shipping

Please post your issues and questions about One Page Checkout for Virtuemart 2 to this forum.

Problems with shipping

Postby info@.....nl » Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:51 pm

Hello,

I am working with the latest version of OPC and VM 2.0.7d.

At VM Shipping methods I have selected 3 shipping methods:
- Pickup
- Basic shipping in The Netherlands and Belgium (no countries selected)
- Safe shipping in The Netherlands (Netherlands selected in shipping method configuration)

When using OPC and choose "Belgium" als country, I expected the "safe shipping" to disappear, but it doesn't.
It is reloading the shipping methods, but still all three shipping methods are available.

Am I doing something wrong?

Hope you can help me out with this.
info@.....nl

Re: Problems with shipping

Postby admin » Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:29 am

hello,you are doing all correctly and this should work. we are testing latest svns on http://svnonj25.rupostel.com/ Are those shipping methods of type weight_countries ? we don't provide official support for beta versions such as the 2.0.7x, but we always keep an eye on this. I will check this issue tomorow during day hours and will release an update for you if I find anything that works differently then in 2.0.6. If you see our chat button on the site active, just write us anytime in between 12 to 19 CET time.

Best Regards,
Stan
admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:30 am

Also please check chrome error console (F12) or Firefox error console (ctrl + shift + J) if you see any serious javascript errors which could break the ajax updating.

Stan
admin
Site Admin

Postby info@.....nl » Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:50 pm

Hello, thank you for your (very) quick reply.

All shipping methods are of the type "weight_countries".

You could see the cart yourself at: http://a-tembo.siteevaluator.nl/lego/

Here are the translations of the shipping methods:
Free pickup: "Ophalen in onze winkel" --> No countries selected
Standard shipping: "Standaard verzending per post in Nederland en Belgie" --> No countries selected
Secure shipping: "Extra veilige, verzekerde verzending in Nederland --> The Netherlands selected

The following warning is shown when changing zipcode or country,

'payment_inner_html' found where ':' expected. Decleration ignored
on: index.php?option=com_virtuemar*&view=cart

It's quite strange, but yesterday it really didn't work, but now when testing it works perfectly.
Is there a possibility that it is something with the products I have added yesterday?

I will follow your work and when I have questions I will contact you. For now: it works perfectly. Thank you.
info@.....nl

Postby admin » Mon Jun 25, 2012 11:57 am

If you'd like to run your shop and you don't know much php programming, we strongly recommend to use only the stable versions of Virtuemart - currently VM 2.0.6 as there still are a few bugs within 2.0.7x.

It's quite strange, but yesterday it really didn't work, but now when testing it works perfectly.
Is there a possibility that it is something with the products I have added yesterday?

It is more of a condition check within the shipping method and the javascript must not give any error, but we will check all of this.

Stan
admin
Site Admin

Return to One Page Checkout for Virtuemart 2