Can't get coupon savings to show in OPC 2.0.64

Please post your issues and questions about One Page Checkout for Virtuemart 2 to this forum.

Can't get coupon savings to show in OPC 2.0.64

Postby pgregg@.....com » Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:29 am

Hello. I'm running Joomla 2.5.4 with VM 2.0.6 and com_onepage2.0.64.zip.

I'm using the default coupon engine within Joomla 2.

When I apply a coupon the math is applied and the total is correct. However I can't get the discount amount to show up anywhere. I also get no on screen message when a coupon is accepted.

Please excuse the colors, we are still working on the design.

Here is an example without the coupon applied:

Screen Shot 2012-06-12 at 6.26.00 PM.png
Screen Shot 2012-06-12 at 6.26.00 PM.png (239.47 KiB) Viewed 8962 times

Here is an example after the coupon is applied.

Screen Shot 2012-06-12 at 6.06.40 PM.png
Screen Shot 2012-06-12 at 6.06.40 PM.png (212.72 KiB) Viewed 8962 times

Here is my Pricing Configuration in Joomla 2

Screen Shot 2012-06-12 at 6.06.59 PM.png
Screen Shot 2012-06-12 at 6.06.59 PM.png (68.6 KiB) Viewed 8962 times

My objective is to show the amount of the coupon discount below the subtotal.

I would also like a visual acknowledgement that the coupon was applied.

Can anyone help?

Thanks,
Preston
pgregg@.....com

Re: Can't get coupon savings to show in OPC 2.0.64

Postby admin » Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:10 pm

Hello Preston, in the 2.0.65 version the only supported price types at the checkout page are salesPrice and basePrice. Our objective was not to put too many price information at the checkout page so it is as simple as possible. However later on in uses like yours, we aknowledge that we should provide more possibilities into the price display, but we need your assitence in matter of visual look of the prices.

Currently if you select basePrice display at the Prices tab and a proper discount view type, you should get the prices working. Let us know which prices you'd like to show at the right column (we'd suggest already discounted prices).

We will test your config and release an update for this very soon - hopefully today.

Best Regards,
Stan
admin
Site Admin

Postby pgregg@.....com » Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:57 am

Stan,

Thanks for the reply. I am fine with only showing Base Price and Final Price. I agree that simple is good.

I installed 2.0.66 but I'm still having the same problem.

1. Subtotal doesn't show up

2. When I add a coupon, there is no confirmation that the edition of the coupon was successful. The 'Total' is updated to show the correct discounted price, but you can't see the value of the discount listed anywhere. Although the math is correct, it is confusing to the customer, because they can't see how the math was derived.

Here is an example:

a. go to http://test3.parkeflyer.com/products/gadgets.html
b. select add to cart and then 'show cart'
c. once in the cart, note the subtotal column is not populated
d. note the Total: It should be $19.95 + $5.15 shipping = $25.10
e. add the coupon code: 'family' and click 'Submit Coupon'
f. note the Total: It now shows $19.95 + $5.15 shipping = $23.11. This is confusing. It should add a row that says, "Discount: -$1.99" or drop the product price to $17.96. Also note that there is no message. I'd like to see a message that says, "'You've successfully added a coupon'.
g. Now add the coupon code "xxx". You should get a message that says "Coupon code not found. Please try again'. I'd like there to be a success message just like this error message.

Is this possible through configuration or will this take changes to the code on your end?

Thank you!
ParkeFlyer
pgregg@.....com

Postby admin » Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:09 pm

Hello, today i fixed a similar issue on another customer's site by changing Coupon price display to salesPrice at the OPC Tax & Price display tab. These options are there for backward VM 2.0.x support and also for 3rd party extensions support such as AWO.

If you'd like me to configure this for you, pls send me your joomla backend accesses to my mail to info@rupostel.com. In case of a bug I'd also need the ftp access to check it - but i believe this is just a config issue.

Regards,
Stan
admin
Site Admin

Return to One Page Checkout for Virtuemart 2