Several issues

Please post your issues and questions about One Page Checkout for Virtuemart 2 to this forum.

Several issues

Postby bastiaan@.....com » Thu May 03, 2012 10:46 am

Just bought the OPC component and ran into all kinds of issues....
Starting with the icetheme_thestore template. All VM overides switched off during testing

1. We have no option for people to register themselves on our website. In VM it also has been set to no show and no need for registration.
OPC still shows the registration tab.

2. When the cart shows for the first time in shows the invoice to: area at the normal 100% width (div.op_inside) but when I login, only that div jumps back to 50%width. (creating an extra div at 50%)
Seems a bug to me.

3. when I login, it shows the address properly and complete in the 'invoice to' block, it adds the shipping and payment options right but still errors out on 'place order':
vmError: Vul uw gebruikersnaam in.
vmError: Table userinfos check failed: address_type ST without name

Vul alstublieft uw factuuradres in AchternaamAdres 1Zip / PostcodePlaatsLand

So although it shows the address, it is still requesting for some....

This was with the config option to use email address as username on. When I switch it off, I get different results but still can't continue.
IS this OPC compatible with VM2.06?

4. When I am not logged in, but add my name/addres manually, it does add the right shipping but suddenly cannot find a payment system anymore...
Both of them are set to automatic for one country and work fine in the standard checkout.
When I want to complete the payment, it says that I am missing a field (not true)

5. TOS has been switched off in VM but still shows. Be aware that this will be addressed soon and might change somethings in VM: http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=101525.15

Just to round up: It looks promising, bit disappointing that the demo shows a bunch of templates that are not in the OPC when it is delivered and I have not been able to order anything yet through OPC.
I am running the tests on my own testservers and can give you access and details in private.
Currently building 4 sites with VM2 this month and would love to see it all come together soon. :-)

Bastiaan

System:
J2.5.4 with VM2.06 and VM2.07 on IIS 7.5 servers.
PHP 5.3.10 and MYSQL 5.1
bastiaan@.....com

Re: Several issues

Postby admin » Fri May 04, 2012 7:11 pm

Just bought the OPC component and ran into all kinds of issues....
Starting with the icetheme_thestore template. All VM overides switched off during testing

1. We have no option for people to register themselves on our website. In VM it also has been set to no show and no need for registration.
OPC still shows the registration tab.

OPC uses it's own system to support more combinations of registration then normally avaiable for checkout. We tried to describe all the types at the registration tab of the backend configurator. If you don't need any sort of registration we recommend to set up the following
- joomla user config: disable registration
- virtuemart checkout configuration: only registered users can checkout (should be disabled)
- at checkout ask for registration (should be disabled)

Joomla 2.5 also supports a special guest account where the user is only partially logged in. OPC can also hide the username so only email is used instead of username within the checkout. OPC also supports making a purchase as unlogged for already existing customer with the same email address.

2. When the cart shows for the first time in shows the invoice to: area at the normal 100% width (div.op_inside) but when I login, only that div jumps back to 50%width. (creating an extra div at 50%)
Seems a bug to me.

The icetheme template is a mix of two column and single column template from OPC1. We added the extra column so the page is not so long for logged in users. The unlogged users still see the two sections under each other as it is much more stable for generic use. You can modify the CSS or the individual files within /components/com_onepage/themes/icetheme_.../ if you'd like a different layout. We normally charge extra for such modifications at customer's site.
3. when I login, it shows the address properly and complete in the 'invoice to' block, it adds the shipping and payment options right but still errors out on 'place order':
vmError: Vul uw gebruikersnaam in.
vmError: Table userinfos check failed: address_type ST without name

Vul alstublieft uw factuuradres in AchternaamAdres 1Zip / PostcodePlaatsLand

So although it shows the address, it is still requesting for some....

This was with the config option to use email address as username on. When I switch it off, I get different results but still can't continue.
IS this OPC compatible with VM2.06?

We fixed many issues in the latest update (4.may 2012), therefore please update and let us know if you still get this problem.
4. When I am not logged in, but add my name/addres manually, it does add the right shipping but suddenly cannot find a payment system anymore...
Both of them are set to automatic for one country and work fine in the standard checkout.
When I want to complete the payment, it says that I am missing a field (not true)

We only added payment restrictions per country this week. It is very probably that you did not have a proper country configured per the payment plugin. In general we still recommend not to limit the payments per country so your customers can always shop.

OPC gets the default country when not found within the user details (for shipping or payment) according to these rules:
1. GeoLocator (if installed)
2. OPC backend configuration
3. Vendor country

If you still get this problem at the latest release, please let us know by email.
5. TOS has been switched off in VM but still shows. Be aware that this will be addressed soon and might change somethings in VM: http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=101525.15

The TOS must be disabled within the userfiels AND within the VM configuration (show TOS at checkout).
Just to round up: It looks promising, bit disappointing that the demo shows a bunch of templates that are not in the OPC when it is delivered and I have not been able to order anything yet through OPC.
I am running the tests on my own testservers and can give you access and details in private.
Currently building 4 sites with VM2 this month and would love to see it all come together soon.

The OPC2 for VM2 includes three_column_blue and icetheme_thestore as described at the demo pages. Please let us know which should we migrate next? We plan to create dynamic color variations of three_column_templates and maybe also migrate the pbv theme.
Bastiaan

System:
J2.5.4 with VM2.06 and VM2.07 on IIS 7.5 servers.
PHP 5.3.10 and MYSQL 5.1
bastiaan@.....com

admin
Site Admin

Return to One Page Checkout for Virtuemart 2