SEO for Virtuemart Extension

Please post your issues and questions about One Page Checkout for Virtuemart 2 to this forum.

SEO for Virtuemart Extension

Postby christopherjmonk@.....com » Wed May 03, 2017 6:04 pm

I installed SEO for Virtuemart extension last night to see what it would do. I am using JoomSef for SEF urls. After clicking the install button, it said that JoomSef was updated. Now, many of my URLs are messed up and some don't work. The variable ?limitstart=0 is also being appended to many of my URLs. Google is now indexing multiple URLs including URLs with category/subcategory paths pre-pended to them. How do I uninstall the SEO for Virtuemart extension and return my URLs back to what they were?
christopherjmonk@.....com

Re: SEO for Virtuemart Extension

Postby christopherjmonk@.....com » Wed May 03, 2017 7:24 pm

I re-installed the JoomSef extension and that seemed to clear up the problem.
christopherjmonk@.....com

Postby admin » Tue May 09, 2017 1:07 pm

hello, to clear the "com_virtuemart" seo that is included in OPC you can just drop all com_virtuemart in /components/com_sef/exts/com_virtuemart*

the version included was mainly developed on VM2.0.X and we plan to update it to VM3.x but not just yet. The SEF extension may require a few custom works to make it work 100% per your needs.

best regards, stan
admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Tue May 09, 2017 1:10 pm

also this extension's support is not provided under standard OPC support and any questions or support can be provided inside the "free extensions" section.

generally we include all of our extensions with OPC, but we strictly provide support only per a single extension which you choose. you can however try or use all of them. to get support for another extension, you can purchase another opc subscription with a note to support any single other one (vmcache / sef / ajax search / others... ) or order custom works if online support is needed.

best regards, stan
admin
Site Admin

Return to One Page Checkout for Virtuemart 2