Shipping prices showing incorrect on checkout pages

Please post your issues and questions about One Page Checkout for Virtuemart 2 to this forum.

Shipping prices showing incorrect on checkout pages

Postby andy871@.....com » Tue Nov 03, 2015 2:59 pm

J2.5.28
Vm2.6.18

Odd issue, that has crept in & not sure wether its since updating OPC? - Not updated much else in a while.

When in the checkout pages the shipping shows up for the correct country that is set, but ignores product weight completely.

https://www.lowenergysupermarket.com/lighting/type-of-light/led-tube-lights/890/led-integrated-tube-light-les
So if you add this product (The 6Ft Variant) to your cart (they are all set at over 60002 Grammes) and select UK as your country you should only see the "Big & Bulky" Shipping method,
But all the shipping methods that are available for the UK show up.

If you change to another country, again you see all available shipping methods, even though they are set for weight
I have checked & double checked all the product weights &checked that the weights are all set correct in the shipping methods & checked that they are all using gramms, as thats what the products are all set too.
andy871@.....com

Re: Shipping prices showing incorrect on checkout pages

Postby admin » Tue Nov 03, 2015 4:20 pm

hello, if you only recently updated your VM, i'd suggest to re-save and re-check the config of your shipping methods. In some VM versions it changed the structure of the stored params from php serialization to json serialization and thus it may have happened that the config got lost.

if this does not help, i can check your site via the FTP -> let us know at email info@rupostel.com

best regards, stan
admin
Site Admin

Postby andy871@.....com » Tue Nov 03, 2015 4:33 pm

I have not updated VM, though I have just checked & saved all my shipping methods as suggested, but still get the same issues.

I appreciate your offer of taking a look for me & will send over information to your email in a while

Thanks Stan ;)
andy871@.....com

Postby admin » Tue Nov 03, 2015 4:57 pm

hello, since you are running VM2, i must had added "weight to parent products" (which was empty). this seems like a VM2 bug to me.

best regards, stan
admin
Site Admin

Postby 2TMstudios » Tue May 09, 2017 12:09 am

Hello, i have this problem on OPC cart page, whit the site www.arcasashop.it;
When a coupon code is added pressing save button appear this message on the Shipping Rates area;

"There was an error. Click here to refresh shipping rates":

http://arcasashop.it/prodotti/cart
The coupon code active to test the error is: 20ANNIARCASA

The coupon is so configured: 20% discount (permanent coupon).

The site is developed under Joomla! 3.4.8 — © 2017 arcasashop
and OPC Installed version is 2.0.274.021214
Could you explain if this error depends the configuration or is a bug.
If depends on the configuration, could you tell us the correct configuration to solve it!

Many thanks.
Enrico Tombola
2TMstudios

Postby admin » Tue May 09, 2017 1:03 pm

hello enrico, your OPC version was released on Dec 02 2014, which is now 2 and half years old. please update your OPC to the latest version as we cannot support OLD opc on the latest Joomla or VM versions. We generally provide backward support for old VM or old Joomla's but there is no way we can support old OPC on latest software - we generally release an OPC update every two weeks depending on new features, 3rd party compatiblity reports or Joomla and VM releases. You do not need to update OPC as far as you do not update your Joomla or Virtuemart and you do not need any of the latest features added.

best regards, stan
admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Tue May 09, 2017 1:04 pm

and to reply to your question - the error is shown when there is a fatal error at the backend due to any sort of reason (possible incompatiblity of your software OPC vs VM vs Joomla vs Any 3rd party). you can find out software that is causing the problem using our "fatal catcher" plugin which is also included in the latest OPC and supports php versions up to 7.1 and Joomla up to the very latest.

best regards, stan
admin
Site Admin

Postby 2TMstudios » Sun May 14, 2017 6:05 pm

Thank you! I will update the module as soon.

Enrico
2TMstudios

Postby admin » Mon May 15, 2017 7:59 pm

no problem, best regards, stan
admin
Site Admin

Return to One Page Checkout for Virtuemart 2