Help! No One can check out

Please post your issues and questions about One Page Checkout for Virtuemart 2 to this forum.

Help! No One can check out

Postby christopherjmonk@.....com » Thu Aug 20, 2015 9:35 pm

I am receiving the following error:

Error 258: No shipping rate could be selected, you may not have entered your address or the vendor/shipment does not support your location

I have installed the latest OPC update and now nobody can check out, and the bill to information gets wiped out when submitting an order. My console shows the following:

SyntaxError: unreachable code after return statement onepage.js:6064:3
GET
http://www.wiringproducts.com/index.php [Mixed Content]
[HTTP/1.1 303 See other 875ms]
SyntaxError: unreachable code after return statement onepage.js:335:1
SyntaxError: unreachable code after return statement onepage.js:4684:4
SyntaxError: unreachable code after return statement onepage.js:6064:3
SyntaxError: unreachable code after return statement onepage.js:6973:2
SyntaxError: unreachable code after return statement onepage.js:7406:5
SyntaxError: unreachable code after return statement onepage.js:7524:2
shipping_id: shipment_id_1 onepage.js:4380:4
SyntaxError: unreachable code after return statement onepage.js:335:1
Object { readyState: 4, getResponseHeader: .ajax/v.getResponseHeader(), getAllResponseHeaders: .ajax/v.getAllResponseHeaders(), setRequestHeader: .ajax/v.setRequestHeader(), overrideMimeType: .ajax/v.overrideMimeType(), statusCode: .ajax/v.statusCode(), abort: .ajax/v.abort(), state: .Deferred/d.state(), always: .Deferred/d.always(), then: .Deferred/d.then(), 11 more… } onepage.js:4380:4
Object { address0: Array[1], address1: Array[1], address2: Array[1], address3: Array[1], prices: Array[45], payment 2 tranform: Array[9], address4: Array[1] } onepage.js:4380:4
setPaymentHtml onepage.js:4380:4
syncShippingAndPayment onepage.js:4380:4
payment: onepage.js:4380:4
6 onepage.js:4380:4
extra not found for6 onepage.js:4380:4
Memory usage: 16 640kb of 37 888kb, debug mem: 16 640kb onepage.js:4380:4
SyntaxError: unreachable code after return statement
christopherjmonk@.....com

ReSOLVED: Help! No One can check out

Postby christopherjmonk@.....com » Fri Aug 21, 2015 5:04 am

It turned out to be a SSL plugin update that caused the problem. Got the cart working again
christopherjmonk@.....com

Re: Help! No One can check out

Postby admin » Mon Aug 24, 2015 2:33 pm

hello, yes, it seems that "System - SSL Redirect" may cause some troubles with OPC. For now we suggest not to use this 3rd part plugin.

for any quick support reply, pls write us an email and we usually respond in an hour during the business days.

best regards,stan
admin
Site Admin

Postby wendiwebgirl@.....com » Mon Nov 09, 2015 3:52 pm

Hello
I am having the same error however I do not user System - SSL Redirect - what else could be causing this - I just recently noticed it happening?
wendiwebgirl@.....com

Postby admin » Mon Nov 09, 2015 5:26 pm

hello, but what error, notice or message do you get after you click the confirm order?

in latest opc, you can try to enable "General Tabl" -> "OPC Debugging" (enable) + "Display errors from payment methods (enable)"

this will display which plugin causes the reverse redirect. Sometimes unused plugins which are enabled in joomla plugin manager break the checkout and cause it to think it's "invalid". If you see an error like Error 99: authorize.net, it means that authorize.net refused the credit card number (or any other problem coming from authorize.net plugin including connection problems, etc... ). The error codes are used to identify the plugin and event at which the checkout got invalidated, not the actual underlying problem (it should be pat of the message).

some redirect plugins break POST in checkout generally and we would sugest to try to disble any redict plugins including "system -redirect" or others that may alter this.

also some 3rd party captchas are known to redirect the page when they think it's not valid.

Some Joomla templates hide any notices and errors generated by VM or plugins. Sometimes you may need to enable the messages within your template configuration.

best regards, stan
admin
Site Admin

Postby wendiwebgirl@.....com » Tue Nov 10, 2015 9:04 pm

Hi Stan
I am not getting any error when I enable the debug - if I disable shipping in OPC then it works perfect however when I enable shipping it is not showing my fedex shipping options. I use FedEx Shipping plugin for this, it was all working great until yesterday ? when I enable the shipping in OPC it does not complete the transaction it shows a message saying :
Error 258: No shipping rate could be selected, you may not have entered your address or the vendor/shipment does not support your location

the user data is there

if you could look at it the site is https://education.emersonclimate.com user:demo pass: demo123
Any light you could shed on the subject would be great.
wendiwebgirl@.....com

Postby admin » Tue Nov 10, 2015 10:05 pm

hello wendy, i am now online at live chat to help you, pls contact me there asap, i only have a few minutes now, or i can help you with this during my day tommorow.

the error comes when OPC detects "no shipipng selected" when the shipping is indeed enabled and should be selected.

this can be caused by:
- after an opc update you must click save so all compatibility plugins or code is triggered (for example on vm3.0.8+ opc installs a plugin to disable automatic shipping selection which can lead to your error if not installed)
- some other 3rd party plugin unsets the shipping for some reason
- the html is broken (try to switch the opc theme to something else to see if it fixes this)

best regards, stan
admin
Site Admin

Return to One Page Checkout for Virtuemart 2