newsletter subscription and customer title language

Please post your issues and questions about One Page Checkout for Virtuemart 2 to this forum.

newsletter subscription and customer title language

Postby retrogamedealer » Thu May 21, 2015 3:39 pm

Hi Stan !,

We are impressed with the one page checkout tool. It works very well on our website. Still I have 2 tiny problems.

1. Unfortunaly we havent figured out how to fix the newsletter. In the onepagecheckout the newsletter option is shown (so that works). But when a customer checks the option on checkout and clicks on confirm, his/her e-mail adress or subscription to the newsletter does not appear in my acymailing backend. your tool suggest to check the acymailing option in the backend of onepagecheckout and set an newletter id. So far I havent figure out how to get this to work. What should I set on the newsletter ID? (I am aware that this problem may have to do everything with my own lack of knowlegde).

I really would like to see the customer e-mail in acymailing when he checks the subscribe to newsletter function on the onepegecheckout.

2. Also, how can I adjust the title of the customer. Currently I am using the dutch language. The whole onepage checkout is in dutch accept for the title of the customer. I would like to replace Mr and Mrs to Dhr. and Mvr.

Best regards,
retrogamedealer

Re: newsletter subscription and customer title language

Postby admin » Thu May 21, 2015 6:12 pm

hello, for 99 percent sites and the ID for the acymailing list is usually "1" or "2" :
see the right column (ID) of this list:

the opc's subscription section works also with opc's mailchimp system plugin which will render the checkbox into joomla, vm registration or opc. the user is stored only at mailchimp (not the local database) and thus it may make the site slower when checking his subscription status in some cases.

2. please proceed to Virtuemart -> Configuration -> shopper fields -> search for Title (on an EN backend) -> click the field

on vm2.6.x or VM3 it looks like this:

either enter your Dutch names for the fields directly here at the Title field, or use the language strings.

i must say that on a few opc versions recently - especially on "three column theme" the values of the selects were not translated into their titles for logged-in users, so if this is the case (you are using three column theme) you either can update opc, or i can install our very latest dev version there and see if all shows properly.

best regards, stan
admin
Site Admin

Postby retrogamedealer » Fri May 22, 2015 5:36 pm

Thnx Stan,

I managed to fix the Mr and Mrs to Dhr and Mevr. Didnt know it was that simple !!

I also saw that the newsletter ID of the website is 1. Now when customers use the onepagecheckout and register and check the newletter option they are automatically registrated in the acymailing newsletter. However when the customer checkout as guest and they check the newletter option they are not registrated in the acymailing newsletter

Guess I have to use the opc's mailchimp system plugin you were telling me about. But I do have some akeeba modules/plugins installed. So I guess its up to us to decide what we feel is more important. The security and backup from akeeba, or allowing a guest to checkout as guest and still registrate himself for the newsletter)
retrogamedealer

Postby admin » Mon May 25, 2015 4:34 pm

hello, well, i am afraid that it's acymailing's limitation that it requires a registered user to sign him up for the newsletter.

can you pls try some other pages when opc is disabled:
- joomla registraton
- virtuemart core registration (when just filling address for the cart in guest mode)

and see if acymailing is doing the registration or not.

maybe if it has a module which does a registration for anonymous users, i could check it's code and customize opc to support newsletters also for anonymous users.

best regards, stan
admin
Site Admin

Return to One Page Checkout for Virtuemart 2