2 Major Issues with Plugin

Please post your issues and questions about One Page Checkout for Virtuemart 2 to this forum.

2 Major Issues with Plugin

Postby lucid » Sat Oct 04, 2014 12:53 am

Hey Guys,

Running Joomla 2.5.14 + Virtuemart 2.6.6 + The latest version of OPC

I have been attempting to go live with this plugin but there are two serious issues (and one smaller one) that render it useless at the moment.

1. The first and biggest issue is that every time someone tries to checkout using OPC the shipping method does not work and gives them this error:

"We are sorry, no shipment method matches the characteristics of your order."

We are using FedEX Shipping Module and have had zero issues when the plugin is turned off.

2. The second less serious issue is that when people try to log-in to their old accounts in the "login" tab it always returns "invalid token" in a very odd way (totally blank screen and using odd characters). This renders the site useless for re-occurring clients (our biggest money makers)

3. The third more minor issue is that the adwords conversion code we are using seems to appear 5 or so times on the checkout page, I am not sure if this affects the code but I wanted to be sure we are doing it correctly. (Also I edited the order_done.php a while back)

Really the big issues are the first two and I just purchased the plug-in last a few days ago so I would really appreciate some help!

Thanks!
Mark
lucid

Re: 2 Major Issues with Plugin

Postby admin » Mon Oct 06, 2014 9:10 pm

hello mark,

1. i just installed your plugin to our demos (fedex parkbeach) but i do not get this problem. it actualyl works fluently on my demos with test data. therefore i believe that the problem is in it's restrictions settings such as shopper groups, countries or similar. pls make sure that there are no restrictions at the beginning (no shopper groups especially).

2 - The "odd characters" most probably come from one of your php files that is encoded with BOM or in ANSI. Do you see the same problem when using other login forms on your site? my guess is that someone editted /templates/your joomla template/html/com_users/ .... on a Mac and saved the file in an improper encoding. The proper encoding is UTF8 without BOM.

3 - the opc tracking code runs per it's configured order status. If you configured the code to be run on more order statuses, it will get executed more times. Secondly, there is a CHECK over javascript that marks beginning and end of the code execution. If the END of the execution is not detected due to a JAVASCRIPT ERROR the code will try to be run again up to 5 times. Please check your javascript console (ctrl + shift + J) to see any problems with the javascript.

best regards, stan
admin
Site Admin

Return to One Page Checkout for Virtuemart 2