Order Not Completing - Remaining Pending in VM2.6.10

Please post your issues and questions about One Page Checkout for Virtuemart 2 to this forum.

Order Not Completing - Remaining Pending in VM2.6.10

Postby scottshort » Sat Sep 27, 2014 11:34 am

Hello Everyone

I am a shop owner - not a developer. We are using a one-page checkout from RUPOSTEL - In Extensions Manager it shows as version 2.0.147.130613. [Live site running Joomla 2.5.24; PHP 5.3.28; VM 2.0.24a - and now testing VM 2.6.10]

We are trying to update our Virtuemart shop and are currently testing VM 2.6.10. I am getting desperate. :cry: We have had a number of problems with 2.6.6, 2.6.8 and now 2.6.10.

Testing with VM standard payment plugin set up for bank transfers: When an order is placed and "paid", The following happens:

•We can see and click on the "add to cart button" to add product to cart [this was a problem previously]
    •We complete payment transaction [bank transfer for now] and get confirmation screen - but shows status only as "PENDING" and not "CONFIRMED BY SHOPPER" as on our live site [VM2.0.24a] - also "Payment Method" is blank on this screen.
    •Also, the shopping cart does not empty
    •No email is sent to either the shop or the customer with this "PENDING" order status
    •I CAN see the order in VM admin backend with "PENDING" status
    •If I change order status to either "CONFIRMED BY SHOPPER" or "CONFIRMED" then the correct emails are sent to shop and customer
    •However, the shopping cart never empties - customer must manually empty the cart

Our developer is at a loss for what is causing our problem. The VM forums said to look at our payment plugin. We are testing using only the standard VM payment plugin configured for a bank transfer so there are no third party payment plugins involved. Upon completion of the order the system fails to change the order status to "confirmed by Shopper" instead leaving it as pending AND the shopping cart does not empty and no payment method is registered [see screenshot]. Could OPC be involved with this problem?? Have there been updates to this component for use with VM 2.6.10 that our developer has overlooked and might be responsible for this problem??

Since we have not made any changes to the payment plugin ourselves, we are not sure how to go about resolving this problem. Any assistance on how to troubleshoot and resolve this problem is greatly appreciated. If you can be more specific than just "look at payment plugin" I would greatly appreciate. We are still running VM 2.0.24a on our live site and I am desperate :( to upgrade... but we can not because we have not found any VM version where we can get the shopping cart to work correctly.

Thank you for any help!!! :)

Regards
Scott

PS: I see another admin component called "Virtuemart_allinone" which is also enabled on our VM 2.6.10 test site.. I do not know what this is for or why we have it enabled - could it be for the shopping cart?. Should we have this enabled if we are using Rupostel OPC?? I do see that it was updated in Sept 2014.
Attachments
Screenshot-2014-09-25-14.20.54.jpg
Screen shot showing order confirmation, but with order status "pending", NO payment method indicated, AND shopping cart still full and not emptied.
Screenshot-2014-09-25-14.20.54.jpg (223.81 KiB) Viewed 24630 times
scottshort

Re: Order Not Completing - Remaining Pending in VM2.6.10

Postby admin » Thu Oct 02, 2014 2:11 am

hello scott, i apologize but i do not remember now exactly on how your 147 version could handle the status, but in all of OPC history we tried to use VM's core as much as possible to make such important decisions as the order status. i am going to send you the very latest opc version as the 147 version IS NOT COMPATIBLE with the VM2.6.x and you should remember to check ALL OF YOUR 3rd PARTY EXTENSIONS UPON ANY VM UPDATE. Not even shipping methods like UPS or USPS from VM core team would work since the VM2.0.0 on the latest VM version.

If the OPC update solves your problem, we would welcome if you support us by purchasing OPC subscription so we can keep up with VM changes and provide the best service available.

Best Regards, Stan
admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Thu Oct 02, 2014 2:16 am

hello Scott, we could not match your username or email to any order within our system, so if you can provide us an email of a company (or other data) that purchased OPC for you and your URL address, we will send you the very latest OPC where you can check if the problems is fixed, or we can fix the problem for you.

pls note, that if you purchased a theme that included our OPC solution, we had no affiliation with them.

best regards, stan, rupostel.com
admin
Site Admin

Postby scottshort » Sun Oct 05, 2014 9:38 pm

EDITED: SEE BOTTOM OF MESSAGE

Hello Stan - Thanks so much for your assistance! My developer purchased this OPC using their email: andreareho@f1consulting.it. Our live website is: http://www.salamastra.com. I really like OPC very much… we still have to make a few changes to the theme/layout to match our site design and also to work well on responsive phone screen layouts, but overall I am really happy with it.

In speaking with my developer, I am concerned that after many many months of unsuccessfully resolving our VM upgrade problems, that they will try to convince me to not upgrade and stay with VM 2.0.24a! I really want to upgrade but if we can not solve this problem not sure I have alternatives.... I just want this updated VM version to work so I can finally finally finally focus on content creation and running our shop.

I am a bit embarrassed to say…. My developer is saying that he would want to test the update to be sure if will solve this problem before payment… Is this a possibility?? I hope that this is possible, and I can guarantee to you that one way or another [via his renewal or me purchasing my own membership] that you will be compensated…

I am willing to send you login credentials and the url to our test site if you would like to take a look to see if you think that OPC is causing this problem…. There have been many comments on the VM forums with problems that may be similar… so It is really hard to say what is the cause. I am hopeful you can help me as I have had no clear solution presented from the VM forums… Please let me know if you would be willing to take a look…. I would REALLY appreciate it.

EDIT: I just tested shopping cart VM 2.6.10 with OPC disabled and it worked... meaning, I was able to complete order, shopping cart cleared, and order was given proper bank transfer status of "confirmed by shopper"... all worked... so I think this means that the problem is my outdated version of OPC...

Best Regards
Scott
scottshort

Postby admin » Mon Oct 06, 2014 9:03 pm

hello scott, i've sent the opc update to andrea and your email as well, let me know if the update solves it and if NOT i can fix this directly on your site.
best regards, stan
admin
Site Admin

Postby scottshort » Mon Oct 06, 2014 9:55 pm

Thanks so much for your assistance Stan!! I will let you know if this update solves our problem. I have checked my inbox but I do not see any email from you. I will check with Andrea at F1 tomorrow to see if he received the update. Thanks again
scottshort

Postby scottshort » Tue Oct 07, 2014 2:06 pm

Hello again Stan

I have rechecked my email: scott@salamastra.com and have spoken to Andrea at F1: andreareho@f1consulting.it and neither of us have received an email from you. Can you please try again?? Are you sending the file itself or a link to download it from your site? Thanks for your help as I want to implement this fix as soon as possible.

Regards
Scott Short
Salamastra
Gallipoli, Italy
scottshort

Postby scottshort » Fri Oct 10, 2014 10:05 pm

Hello again Stan

Didn't hear back from you and we never received the update file, so I went ahead and purchased the 1 year support myself in order to get access to the update. My developers installed it [v - 2.0.258.180914 ] on our test site and now we can complete orders with the correct order status with cart clearing. So for the most part the problem is solved. There is only one anomaly in that in addition to the email to shop vendor showing the order with "confirmed by shopper" status, we are receiving a second email at the exact same time with the exact same order number but this email shows the order status as only "pending". Backend is all ok, however with only one order registered with correct "confirmed by shopper" status... so this second email appears to be in error but not causing serious problem... we just need to ignore it. Can you explain why we would be getting this second email?? You can see from attachment that we have no VM settings that ask for any email with pending status... Any thoughts on this appreciated.

Regards
Scott
Attachments
Screenshot 2014-10-10 11.23.34.png
First email [bottom] correct status to shop, middle email correct status to shopper, last email [top] extra email with "pending" status
Screenshot 2014-10-10 11.23.34.png (40.89 KiB) Viewed 24554 times
Screenshot 2014-10-10 22.02.05.png
Screenshot 2014-10-10 22.02.05.png (75.16 KiB) Viewed 24554 times
scottshort

Postby admin » Fri Oct 10, 2014 10:55 pm

hello scott, i resent it now from info@rupostel.com to scott@salamastra.com
pls note that we are investigating a problem with our ip adderess being listed within major spam filters and we cannot do anything with this at the moment because the problems is not caused by us.
we hope we get removed soon from:
http://www.spamhaus.org/query/bl?ip=92.240.237.204

best regards, stan
admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Fri Oct 10, 2014 10:57 pm

hmm, your server refused our email with:

host mx-lon.smtp.directrouter.com[212.113.147.38] said:
550 92.240.237.204 is listed on zen.spamhaus.org. Please organise removal
and retry. (in reply to end of DATA command)

i am will try to send it directly from my gmail account.

best regards, stan
admin
Site Admin

Return to One Page Checkout for Virtuemart 2