VM Ajax search - word order matters

Please post your questions and problems with any of our extensions which you are using

VM Ajax search - word order matters

Postby info@.....cz » Mon Feb 03, 2014 12:56 pm

Hi Stan and others,
I've read a topic regarding the word order when searching, it's getting a bit old and doesn't apply anymore.
The current situation is that all VirtueMart search modules are looking for products with the exact name as you write it. So when you have "Apple MacBook 15" on the store, you will never find it with the following phrazes: "MacBook Apple", "15 MacBook" or "Apple 15 MacBook". In the topic I mentioned above was a solution for this, it doesn't work anymore.

I think that if you - Stan - or anyone else could tweak either the standard virtuemart search module or this great Ajax one, it would be perfect.
I don't mind paying for such module that will work as desired - it's worth paying for modules that give extra functionality like the RuposTel OnePage Checkout - the best in it's class. All I need is the same search results for "Apple MacBook" and "MacBook Apple", as it was in Virtuemart 1.x.x. Is it that difficult? I don't really get why VM developers (not 3rd party ones) corrupted the search module like this. Standard Joomla module searches as expected, but its result's template is terrible - no images, no prices, no buttons.

Do you think you could make a tweak for this functionality? Thanks in advance.

// CZ

Jde jen o to, že když se hledá produkt a prohodí se pořadí slov, tak to produkt prostě nenajde, což je špatně. I ve starém VM (1.x.x) fungovalo vyhledávání správně, nevím, proč ve VM2 tak dobře nefunguje. Hledat "červené tričko" a nic nenajít, když je v katalogu "tričko červené", to je prostě špatně.
Vím, že to není vaše chyba, ale chyba vývojářů VM, jenže těm je tohle zdá se úplně jedno. Proto by mi nevadilo, kdybyste s touto funkcionalitou nabízeli klidně i komerční rozšíření.

Díky i za reakci.

Best regards,
Tom

Edit:// I did a test on your demo test site, see here. The product's name is "Test Nokia N1" and also "Test Nokia N2". What is amazing is that I was able to find them not only with "Test Nokia", but with "Nokia Test" as well. Did you do any tweaks there or is it still VM1? This is what I'm looking for. Doesn't work like this on my test site, though. Thank you for your help.
info@.....cz

Re: VM Ajax search - word order matters

Postby admin » Tue Feb 04, 2014 1:31 pm

Hello, we are preparing a new version of the ajax search which will have much more robust SQL and will display the results within the component area.
Best Regards,
Stan
admin
Site Admin

Postby info@.....cz » Tue Feb 04, 2014 2:11 pm

Sounds very promising, thank you! Looking forward to it pretty much.
info@.....cz

Postby admin » Wed May 07, 2014 4:49 pm

hello, we did lot's of changes in the ajax search now which are included in the PRO version that can be download via our download section.

best regards,
stan
admin
Site Admin

Return to VirtueMart and Joomla Extensions (free or paid)