Virtuemart Ajax Search

Please post your questions and problems with any of our extensions which you are using

Virtuemart Ajax Search

Postby anonymous_stan » Tue Nov 08, 2011 4:03 pm

Please post your questions here
anonymous_stan

Re: Virtuemart Ajax Search

Postby admin » Tue Nov 08, 2011 4:14 pm

We are working on next release of this extension, which will support Joomfish search and also will have most common issues fixed.

To fix the submit problem when using /OTHERPATH/index.php, please edit default.tpl.php:
search for
Code: Select all
action="/index.php"

and replace with:
Code: Select all
action="<?php echo JURI::base(); ?>index.php"

To fix all SEO problems we would have to create a helper component for the ajax so it does not require loading joomla from modules subdirectory which causes problems with some SEF plugins. If you experience this problem, we recommend to change priority of the Joomla SEF + yourSEF plugins via Joomla plugin manager or directly with database in jos_plugins. Order of SEF plugins is very important for proper URLs, and it is a pitty that joomla does not support changing their priority more robustly with the backend admnistration.

Best Regards,
Stan
admin
Site Admin

Postby Guest » Tue Nov 08, 2011 10:44 pm

Hi,

thanks for the information. I´ve done the change in the default.php.

it works when I write something and press intro key, but It´s not a live search, I mean, when I type something, there is no suggestion.

thanks very very much

Postby Aleksey » Tue Nov 08, 2011 10:48 pm

Hi, Stan!
It doesn't work.
If I add
admin wrote:action="<?php echo JURI::base(); ?>index.php"
, output of ajax search doesn't work and when I make a search on the site , each time the script duplicated the 'OTHERPATH'. Also the module doesn't have an access to the CSS.
Maybe there is another file to be edited, isn't it?
Aleksey

Postby anonymous_stan » Wed Nov 09, 2011 3:28 pm

Hello,
i am working hard on a new version which i will release in matter of days. It will have these features:
- search native joomfish translations
- order of words will not make difference
- better search for multi phrases (with space)
- better CSS
- support for multiple modules per single page
- better label handling
- joomla module caching disabled and internal caching option added to module config
- fixed all known issues mentioned in comments, but SEF will might not work on some configurations due to order of joomla plugins

Later on
- add + and " operators into search logic
- add keyboard arrows for operation

Stan
anonymous_stan

Postby admin » Tue Nov 15, 2011 7:22 pm

I just released a new version which should fix most of your issues and contains this additional features
- search native joomfish translations
- order of words will not make difference
- better search for multi phrases (with space)
- better CSS
- support for multiple modules per single page
- better label handling
- joomla module caching disabled and internal caching option added to module config
- fixed all known issues mentioned in comments, but SEF will might not work on some configurations due to order of joomla plugins

Stan
admin
Site Admin

Postby 4olalala@.....com » Fri Jun 22, 2012 5:37 pm

Hello, this works great on my virtuemart site, thank you :) . since now i was using only one language and there was no problem, now that installed another lang, live search results links are on default language and not on current. Any idea how to fix this?
4olalala@.....com

Postby admin » Wed Jun 27, 2012 6:04 pm

Hello, we are using the Ajax Search on joomfish sites with no probs. Are you using Joomfish? Do you have any SEF router? Please specify if the problem is in the links (usually a router problem as our component adds lang variable into query) or within the individual products found. When joomfish is detected, the products are searched in joomfish tables, not in Virtuemart, therefore they have to have proper translation done.

Best Regards,
Stan
admin
Site Admin

Return to VirtueMart and Joomla Extensions (free or paid)