SEF Search link com_rupsearch

Please post your questions and problems with any of our extensions which you are using

SEF Search link com_rupsearch

Postby spike1968 » Fri Jun 21, 2019 5:00 pm

Hi Stan,

How do I make all search terms sef friendly. If I put a search term into "Ajax search pro" then it returns the following link.

"index.php?option=com_rupsearch&view=search&nosef=1&lang=en&language=en-GB&order_by=&keyword=example+example+example&opt_search=1&module_id=155&view=search&limitstart=0&Search=&view=search&option=com_rupsearch"

I need it to return an sef friendly link, can this be done?

Cheers
Martyn
spike1968

Re: SEF Search link com_rupsearch

Postby spike1968 » Fri Jun 21, 2019 6:43 pm

I have also noticed that if I add the link above into url menu item it then appears like this

/component/rupsearch/rsearch/example%20example1.html?nosef=1&lang=en&language=en-GB&order_by=&start=0

ideally "component/rupsearch/research" should be removed or possibly return the parent menu item name and "example%20example1.html?nosef=1&lang=en&language=en-GB&order_by=&start=0" should be altered to example%20example1.html

so the sef link should read something like "parent_menu_item_name/example%20example1.html"

Is this something com_rupsearch can handle or is this an htaccess option I need to look at.
spike1968

Postby admin » Wed Jul 31, 2019 12:24 pm

hello, you can add a menu item for com_rupsearch into a hidden menu and this will replace the component part.

the main reason why these URLs try not to be sefed is that there would be way too many combinations of the URLs and the main purpose of having everything in GET is that you can easily share the search results - i.e. one client can share the results with other client.

we are using the com_rupsearch also for our special filtering solution and results from other systems that need to pick products with special queries and display them same way as virtuemart category does.

best regards, stan
admin
Site Admin

Postby spike1968 » Tue Aug 06, 2019 1:53 pm

Thanks Stan.

I've played with it a bit and all the new links appear as search/rsearch/keyword.html

Which is much more attractive than the previous incarnations.

Can you direct me, if possible, to where I would alter "rsearch" to something more relevant to my site needs.....

Cheers
M artyn
spike1968

Return to VirtueMart and Joomla Extensions (free or paid)