Rupsearch european letters

Please post your questions and problems with any of our extensions which you are using

Rupsearch european letters

Postby info@.....se » Wed Jul 25, 2018 3:35 pm

Hi,

I have a problem when searching with your component Ajax Search. I can enter letters "å ä ö" but after pressing the search button the result is changed to e.g. "Blå" turns to "Bl%C3%A5". Obviously no products are found, however searching for "Bla" instead finds the correct products, but that isn't a working solution.

I've tried with other forms in Virtuemart such as "ask a question" about this product and I don't have the same problem there, åäö remains there.

Would really appreciate help solving this.

Best regards.
info@.....se

Re: Rupsearch european letters

Postby info@.....se » Fri Jul 27, 2018 3:35 pm

No worries, I fixed it!

Just had to make sure meta tag with charset UTF-8 was present and reinstalled the plugin. Something must have gone wrong when I transferred the site from a local server to live.
Hope this comes in handy for someone else though.

Cheers! :D
info@.....se

Postby admin » Mon Aug 27, 2018 9:20 pm

hello, we do lot's of changes in the component + plugin + module + extras within this area as we are preparing a "filter" module + search that would be capable of searching and displaying results from millions of relations within the fastest possible time.

generaly in com_search we suggest to use "multiple query" handling (as it was single query before) and we'll probably drop support for single query later on. (on mysql 5.7 we could not make single query to be ordered within using union statement)

the latest version of com_rupsearch can display the results in tabs - Products / Categories / Manufacturers / Joomla Articles (or else)

also we included a plugin which can make sure sure that com_rupsearch is used even when you do not use our module (ajax search pro)

the largest customers usually do not use the ajax autocomplete results as this requires way too much server resources and may not be effecient enough for the largest sites.

if we won't be able to get our filter module working in milliseconds on mysql 5.7 within millions of relations we probably will move on to elastic database to get this done.

best regards, stan
admin
Site Admin

Postby pantalej@.....de » Sun Aug 04, 2019 5:31 pm

Dear Stan,

we have the same problem here:
after updating to the last version of the search component, German special letters like ä,ü,ö are replaced with %C3%A4. With the result that no products are found.
Interesting to know is that this happens only on product view (main) page. Within the search drop down form, products with special letters are shown.

A different problem is that independent how many results are found, the page selection links "<<" "<" "1" "2" ... "10" ">" ">>" are always shown.

Do you have an advice for us?

Many thanks
Pantaley
pantalej@.....de

Return to VirtueMart and Joomla Extensions (free or paid)