Payment 403 error

Please post your questions and problems with any of our extensions which you are using

Payment 403 error

Postby mbmcargotech » Fri Nov 13, 2020 5:22 pm

Dear sir,

I use your One page checkout for my Joomla webshop. I have recurring problems with both credit card and Paypal payments from abroad (I am based in the Netherlands). The user gets a 403 error (no access) as soon as they switch to Mollie (my payment provider). This costs me a lot of customers, my webshop focuses on Europe. The problem does not occur all the time. The countries where the problem has occurred so far are Germany, Switzerland, Austria, Denmark and Italy. It is estimated that 40-50% of the payments are made without any problems, including orders from these countries.

I have had my hosting partner (Vivor BV), Mollie (payment provider) and RO payments (financial connector software) look into it. They all indicate that there is nothing special going on.

What strikes me is that when the customer creates an order it is created and stored with the pending status. When the payment is successful it turns out that a completely new order has been created with the status confirmed. The latter does not seem to me to be correct. I don't see any options in the various settings with which I can influence this. And I don't know if this has to do with the payment problem.

The "not used" orders with status pending are removed from the database by me once in a while.

Can you advise/help me?

My webshop: https://www.mbmcargotech.nl

All the best,

Reinder Meijer
mbmcargotech

Re: Payment 403 error

Postby admin » Tue Dec 08, 2020 12:16 pm

hello, i replied you in OPC section of this forum, OPC doesn't produce 403 error, so you'd need to find out if the 403 comes from joomla (menu misconfiguration or some firewall like admintools or rsfirewall) or your web server configuration (ask your hosting about this). then an adjustment needs to be done (in htaccess or mod_security or else... )

best regards, stan
admin
Site Admin

Return to VirtueMart and Joomla Extensions (free or paid)