Set User Shopper group at Registration

Please post any feature requests here

Set User Shopper group at Registration

Postby atrus80 » Sun Nov 10, 2013 1:13 pm

Hi Stan,

Hope you are well; we have discussed this in the past: we need to be able to set the registered user's shopper group automatically upon registration depending on the country he selected upon registration.

So for example, if a user selects france when registering he should be placed in the eu shopper group, othwerise in the non-eu shopper group.

I guess this shouldn't be so hard, what do you think? :)

rgrds,
chris
atrus80

Re: Set User Shopper group at Registration

Postby admin » Fri Jan 10, 2014 8:18 pm

hello chris, let me start working on the registration page override. this will be a completely new feature with it's own plugin loader and i would like to give it all options from the registration tab of opc, so the user sees the registration options the same way as at the opc's checkout page. i should have done this much sooner, and it's the right time for this. it will take me a few days to get it working so it can be included on a live site.

i will try to use the original (your) themes to render the registration page and i may also give an option for opc themes there as well.

best regards,
stan
admin
Site Admin

Postby atrus80 » Fri Jun 06, 2014 11:22 am

great news stan, you may work also in our live site if you want.

rgrds,
chris
atrus80

Postby fototapeti@.....bg » Sat Jul 05, 2014 7:19 am

Hello
Great idea. I need it too, but I want shoper can chenge his group on cart. This option will apply calculation (ajax) rules for selected shoper group.

"Shoper can chenge his group on cart" may be with options ON/OFF - for auto select group (atrus80 needs) or for manual selection.
fototapeti@.....bg

Postby admin » Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:25 am

hello, the shopper group at the cart can be now modified with opc per opc config (see shopper group tab).

let us know if the "registration override" which enables "opc registration plugin" works for you.

both opc checkout + opc registration override are using the opc logic within the shopper groups.

best regards, stan
admin
Site Admin

Return to Feature Request