Ajax Checkout

Ajax Checkout

Postby pmeakins@.....it » Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:15 pm

Hi,

This product has saved me much work customising the checkout. I have a problem which I causing me pain.

When OPC is installed the ajax no-refresh on CHECKOUT/Basket only, if I update the quantity the page now refreshes which is a problem, however the shipping recalculation works without refresh fine.

I though there may be overwrites so backed out, once done the no-refresh worked fine, it would appear that something is disabling this feature.

I have been through the configuration and played with various ajax option there but nothing seems to resolve the issue, I am hoping it's something simple - or am I missing something.

I've been through the demos on this site and ajax no-refresh is working.

I am using J1.5 / VM 1.1.9 -> onepage.1.2.309

Any assist will be greatly received.

Regards

Phil
pmeakins@.....it

Re: Ajax Checkout

Postby admin » Wed Feb 08, 2012 5:12 pm

Hello Phil,
i am sorry, but i don't understand your issue. Please write me directly on our email at info@rupostel.com and i will provide you online chat contacts to fix your site on-the-fly.

Most issues with ajax are caused by
- wrong URL/SECUREURL set up in virtuemart (fixed by changing ajax url to relative in the latest releases)
- javascript fatal error:
-- caused by your other modules - in 99 percent it it dual loading of mootools,
-- in some cases it is improper Mac encoding in your template files which is not compatible with linux or wincows (replace \r\r\n with \n
-- and sometimes when using utf-8 strings within javascript not being within CDATA section

OPC has these options for ajax
- not to load ajax at all:
This will load shipping and all the data only once. Address, payment, shiping or anything else should not call the ajax refresh function.
- to load checkout instantly
This will not do a first ajax round call, but instead will show the checkout immidiately after entering the checkout.
-use inbuilt basket template
When this option is on, then an included basket is loaded with proper id's within the html code. These ids are used by javascript to fill the values such as coupon discount, taxes (which depend on address), payment fees, shipping fees.

Best Regards,
Stan
admin
Site Admin

Return to One Page Checkout for Virtuemart 1.1.x