Logged In Page Checkout different then Logged Out

Logged In Page Checkout different then Logged Out

Postby cathy@.....com » Wed Nov 23, 2011 8:16 pm

Hello,

Sorry to keep asking questions but I'm still having a challenge with the one page checkout looking different when someone is logged in as opposed to when someone is logged out and how to set things up in the configuration so that someone can create a new account prior to purchasing a product.

Currently, I have it set up as follows:
Joomla Global Config: Allow User Registration - No
VM Admin Global Config User Registration Type - Normal Account Creation / Joomla Account Activation Necessary: Yes

However, when I log in as a registered user, the one step check out page looks like the original VM checkout page and I'm not sure how I'm supposed to configure everything to make it work properly. Please see the attached images so you can see what I'm seeing.

Also, when in the configuration of the one page checkout, I'm getting an error message that reads: Error: Joomla Global User registration is turned off, but virtuemart is not configured to use NO REGISTRATION or SILENT REGISTRATION. Solution: When Joomla registration is disabled you can use NO REGISTRATION or SILENT REGISTRATION with OPC.

I really need help to get the configuration set up so that people have to register prior to purchasing and when they login, the page looks the same as when they are logged out. I'm not sure what to turn off and turn on in order to make it all work right.

Thanks,

Cat'
Attachments
loggedin.jpg
view when someone is logged into their account during checkout process
loggedin.jpg (69.18 KiB) Viewed 6108 times
loggedout.jpg
view when someone is logged out and is purchasing for the first time to either sign up or sign in
loggedout.jpg (69.15 KiB) Viewed 6108 times
cathy@.....com

Re: Logged In Page Checkout different then Logged Out

Postby admin » Tue Nov 29, 2011 8:56 pm

Hello,
yes, the two are different. There is also a third one when an user is registered only in Joomla and not in Virtuemart - in this case he gets unlogged template with email field read-only.

Unlogged users will see a full form of
- basket
- coupon section (optional)
- login section (optional)
- return shopping (optinal)
- user registration from "Manage User Fields" section in virtuemart
- shipping address is different checkbox (if this get checked user will see another address fields as configred per shipping in "Manage User Fields" section in VM)
- payment options (can be hidden if only one is avaiable, or images can be added with the configurator) -> this can also be at the top basket
- shipping options (can be formatted in a special template or can be shown as drop-down at the top basket)
- customer note
- agreement fields (Optional)
- additional fields set up by OPC extensions (Optional)
- Terms of Service (Optional)
- Returns policy (Optional) -> only some of the templates
- Confirm Button (order will get processed after the click)
- return link (Optional)

Logged users will see no form, but only a selection of their registered addresses
- basket
- coupon section (optional)
- return shopping (optinal)
- customer Bill To address
- shipping address list (default + other registered + link to add another)
- payment options (can be hidden if only one is avaiable, or images can be added with the configurator) -> this can also be at the top basket
- shipping options (can be formatted in a special template or can be shown as drop-down at the top basket)
- customer note
- agreement fields (Optional)
- additional fields set up by OPC extensions (Optional)
- Terms of Service (Optional)
- Returns policy (Optional) -> only some of the templates
- Confirm Button (order will get processed after the click)
- return link (Optional)

Please have a look at the display tab and change the OPC template and also checkbox "use inbuilt basket" for the best experience with OPC.

Best Regards,
Stan Scholtz
admin
Site Admin

Return to One Page Checkout for Virtuemart 1.1.x