Problems with checking mandatory fields

Problems with checking mandatory fields

Postby sebastian@.....de » Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:53 pm

First of all: thank you for the great addition to Virtuemart!!!

I encountered three problems/questions after installation (http://www.kekswerkstatt.de), all regarding to the checking of mandatory fields in the checkout process.

1.) If i don´t fill in all mandatory fields i´m getting an error message. Unfortunately this message is pretty cryptical and i can´t find where to change it.
2.) I remember that in the regular checkout process fields that haven´t been filled are highlighted in red. Doesn´t this work at onepagecheckout?
3.) Next thing: Checkout page doesn´t check anymore if mandatory checkboxes or yes/no fields have been filled!

Can you point out where to adapt the files to get a good message for a customer that missed to fill out a field, and how (if possible) missed fields can be highlightes? In addition can you see how it´s possible that mandatory fields (checkboxes / yes-no boxes only) aren´t checked anymore?

Thanks in advance and best regards,
Sebastian
sebastian@.....de

Re: Problems with checking mandatory fields

Postby admin » Tue Nov 15, 2011 3:33 pm

Hello Sebastian,
i will reply in point to your post:

1. What is the exact message. Please have a look at the labels tab where some of the messages can be configured. Also please let me know which template your are using.

2. Normally the mandatory fields should get red (by addition of " missing" class) in all of the templates. If this does not work, you might have a problem or conflict with your javascript: you can check it with ctrl+shift+J in Firefox.

3. This is most probably caused by a javascript error which prevents this check. I just had a look on your site and the problem is caused by generating javascript function submitregistration which checks the fields twice. To fix this we will need your /administrator/components/com_virtuemart/classes/onepage/onepage.cfg.php file which you can send us by mail to info@rupostel.com. This file saves your OPC config including any tempalate settings.

all the template files are located here:
/components/com_virtuemart/themes/default/templates/onepage/YOUR_OPC_THEME_OR_NONE_FOR_DEFAULT

Solution 1:
Try to enabled "Override ps_userfield::listUserFields" at the Display tab. This will use (if avaiable) your userfield templates in:
/overrides/list_user_fields.tpl.php
and
/overrides/list_user_fields_shipping.tpl.php (the submit registration is generated here, but should be automatically deleted by OPC as it is not used for shipping fields. Another solution is to comment the line which generate it here)

Solution 2:
Change your OPC theme to something else.

This error occured in a few releases of OPC in August 2011 and should not occur any more. If the submitregistration is still there twice, please let us know and we will investigate the reason directly by debuggin your site if you let us. Please upgrade to the latest version of OPC if possible. If you did any changes to OPC templates, just rename the template directory to anything else.

Best Regards,
Stan Scholtz, RuposTel.com
admin
Site Admin

Return to One Page Checkout for Virtuemart 1.1.x