Where to change how the free shipping is displayed.

Where to change how the free shipping is displayed.

Postby papakigr@.....com » Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:51 pm

Hello!

As is OPC free shipping is displayed like the picture I attached. We would like to change the site name to a courier agency that handles the free shipping for us. I've been looking around but I couldn't find where it is created. Could you tell me the file so I can make a few changes?

We're using Joomla 1.5.26, VM 1.1.9 and the pbv_multi theme in OPC.
Attachments
opc_free_shipping.jpg
opc_free_shipping.jpg (15.46 KiB) Viewed 20456 times
papakigr@.....com

Re: Where to change how the free shipping is displayed.

Postby admin » Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:30 am

Hello, in opc1 this can be changed in any of these files listed from the higher priority to the lowest:

/components/com_virtuemart/themes/default/templates/onepage/YOUR THEME/overrides/shipping_methods.tpl.php
/components/com_virtuemart/themes/default/templates/onepage/YOUR THEME/shipping_methods.tpl.php
/components/com_virtuemart/themes/default/templates/onepage/shipping_methods.tpl.php

The actual strings on the free shipping are from the language files in your vm installation in
/administrator/components/com_virtuemart/languages/common/english.php

Best Regards,
Stan
admin
Site Admin

Postby papakigr@.....com » Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:57 am

Thank you, I will look into it.

On another note:
We have a connection with an ERP software and since we've installed OPC we can't pull the orders to it. Does OPC alter the users table in the DB or the way orders are stored in any way?
papakigr@.....com

Postby admin » Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:14 pm

hello, no the structure of the users in db should remain the same. which tables are in question? the most important tables on vm1 are jos_vm_order* are you also referencing jos_vm_userinfos (the info may not get included here).

also for 100 percent compatiblity with your external system you can disable "duplict email feature" so you don't get negative IDs in your DB. OPC uses jos_vm_userinfos to "trick" the shipipng methods that the user is already registered, therefore it would be much more proper to use jos_vm_order_userinfos from ERP system instead of the "registration" table.

Best regards,
Stan
admin
Site Admin

Postby papakigr@.....com » Fri Apr 26, 2013 4:28 pm

Thanks for the reply Stan. I've looked into those tables a bit and I found what's causing the problem.

With OPC enabled, when a new order is placed the jos_vm_order_user_info table gets 2 rows, one for each address type (BT,ST). So an order ID appears twice and that probably is what's knocking out the ERP connection.

Here is an image where you can see the first 5 orders (1 from 1 customer and 4 from another) that were made with OPC disabled and then 4 more orders with duplicate entries (user id 169).
http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/5208/josvmuserinfo.png

Is there any way we can stop this from happening? We don't mind loosing some of the features of OPC in order to get this working as it's vital to the company.
papakigr@.....com

Postby papakigr@.....com » Tue Apr 30, 2013 1:12 pm

Stan? Any update to this:

Thanks for the reply Stan. I've looked into those tables a bit and I found what's causing the problem.

With OPC enabled, when a new order is placed the jos_vm_order_user_info table gets 2 rows, one for each address type (BT,ST). So an order ID appears twice and that probably is what's knocking out the ERP connection.

Here is an image where you can see the first 5 orders (1 from 1 customer and 4 from another) that were made with OPC disabled and then 4 more orders with duplicate entries (user id 169).
http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/5208/josvmuserinfo.png

Is there any way we can stop this from happening? We don't mind loosing some of the features of OPC in order to get this working as it's vital to the company.

thank u.
papakigr@.....com

Postby papakigr@.....com » Wed May 08, 2013 2:47 am

Did you have a chance to look at this?

I'm afraid we can't use OPC until this is resolved as the ERP is the only way the eshop is run.
papakigr@.....com

Postby admin » Thu May 09, 2013 10:44 pm

hello, this behavior is there once the shipping address is enabled within virtumeart. you may remove it from the checkout steps and should not save the ST line in the table (as far as i remember) we did it this way to fully support 3rd party extensions that didn't work once a ST address was not created. (invoicing and similar)

would there be any chance to update your ERP either for the ST or BT address?
select * from jos_vm_order_user_infos where order_id = x and address_type = 'ST';

best regards,
stan
admin
Site Admin

Return to One Page Checkout for Virtuemart 1.1.x