Internal Server Error

Internal Server Error

Postby chris.tikkos@.....com » Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:48 am

Hello,

I'm using the latest OPC version and its orders functionality. I noticed that the for the latest orders, when i click on their number i get the following error on the browser:

"Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@quality-tuning.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request."

Could you explain how to rectify this pls?!

Thanks,
Chris
chris.tikkos@.....com

Re: Internal Server Error

Postby admin » Fri Oct 14, 2011 3:24 pm

Hello Chris,
internal server error is usually caused by wrong .htaccess parameters, php-timeout, php access to server's command line, which my component does not alter (it only sets timeout at order management). If you got a red page of error 500, this is generated by Joomla when System - Debug plugin is turned on and system debugging is turned on (in global configuration) which is usually caused by a wrong query to the database (non-existant table, column, etc..).

Please tell me where exactly you clicked to get the Internal server error. More detailed information on this error can be lookup up in your server's error logs (usually acessed by ftp). If you don't have direct access to them, i recommend to ask your hosting to send the error message (or log file) to you.

Best Regards,
Stan
admin
Site Admin

Postby chris.tikkos@.....com » Sat Oct 15, 2011 3:29 pm

Thanks for your prompt reply Stan, see attached the log file.

The error happens in the order management when i click on an order number. The weird thing is that some orders open up with no problem while others give the internal error!

Thanks,
Chris
Attachments
error_log.zip
(648 Bytes) Downloaded 669 times
chris.tikkos@.....com

Postby admin » Sun Oct 16, 2011 2:00 pm

Hello Chris,
the error log you've attached don't give any particular error, only php notices. Internal server error is usually generated by apache and not php and therefore i suspect, you might really need to ask for a different log file. This file does not contain apache messages of missing files or error 500 (internal server error). I think this error can be stored in "apache access log".

I am still not clear if you get this error in OPC Order Management or Virtuemart Order Management. If you get it within OPC, i can debug it on your site to see what causes it.

What i recommend to try
- change database type to Mysqli (instead of Mysql)

Do you have phpExcell extension installed? If yes, make sure your hosting support 512mb RAM per single php process.

If you are using (or just tried it) Order Export features of OPC, you may have a look in /administrator/components/com_onepage/export/ directory and delete .htacess file there. The file is set up to block any www access to this directory and you can try to delete it to see if it changes anything.

Best Regards,
Stan
admin
Site Admin

Postby chris.tikkos@.....com » Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:56 am

Hi Stan,

Thanks for your reply; i will try to find the Apache log, maybe from the hosting provider.

In the meantime, i would appreciate if you could take a look as we get this error in the OPC Order Management only (the Virtuemart Order Management is working fine).

Pls also note:

- The database is Mysqli
- phpExcell in not installed (at least as far as we know)
- We deleted .htacess in /administrator/components/com_onepage/export/ but that didn't solve the problem.

Thanks in advance, i will PM our admin site details to you to see what i mean.

Regards,
Chris
chris.tikkos@.....com

Postby admin » Thu Oct 20, 2011 7:15 pm

The problem was caused by php infinite loop in order export functions which provide support for exporting MS Excell / Open Office files to pdf. This bug is fixed in version 1.2.274 and later.
admin
Site Admin

Return to One Page Checkout for Virtuemart 1.1.x