Modifying the Continue Shopping

Modifying the Continue Shopping

Postby btucker@.....com » Fri Sep 23, 2011 12:19 am

I have a site where I use a Joomla article to display product and have add to cart links. I have successfully been able to alter VM php file so if everything is deleted from the cart, the continue shopping link goes back to my page rather than the VM product page.

In addition, by modifying Onpage/Templates/basket.php, I have been able to do the same with the "Continue Shopping" link at the bottom of the one page checkout. However, I have not been able to figure out how to make the "Continue Shopping" link at thee top of the one page checkout to go to my specific article. Can you tell me what file and what code to change to get the top Continue Shopping link to go to my desired joomla article?

Thanks,
Bob
http://www.ExpressTechnology.com/ordering
btucker@.....com

Re: Modifying the Continue Shopping

Postby btucker@.....com » Fri Sep 23, 2011 12:22 am

Along the same lines. How can I do away with the textarea box at the bottom that prompts the user to enter comments if they want to?

Thanks,
Bob
www.ExpressTechnology.com
btucker@.....com

Postby btucker@.....com » Fri Sep 23, 2011 5:03 am

I have figured out how to change the href link to the Continue Shopping button.

I still need to know how to change the customer's note prompt. Can you please tell me where to change that?

Thanks,
Bob
btucker@.....com

Postby admin » Sun Sep 25, 2011 2:52 pm

Hello Bob,
1. the continue shopping at the bottom is generated from shop.cart.tpl.php file where you can hide it or delete it. It is the main file which loads basket.php which is the main handler of the checkout for my component. All the calls are done mainly from the basket.php file. The upper continue shopping is generated by basket.php which changes it a little bit when it is not pointing to a product in a cart. I can create an OPC extension to modify the link, so your mods will be compatible with the next releases.

2. The component uses it's own themes which are located after install at /components/com_virtuemart/themes/default/templates/onepage/__YOUSELECTEDTHEME__/onepage.logged (and unlogged).tpl.php

To disable the user note, just delete a section in an appropriate template which generates the input area ( it includes name="customer_note" ). Some templates have rounded corners wrappers and others use fieldset. Please don't modify any section which has an id assigned (such as ship to address checkbox) otherwise you can have problems with javascript and checkout malfunction. To disable any section without fearing a broken javascript, you can just wrap it with <div style="display: none;"> ... section ... </div> which will hide it, but will still keep functionality.

The templates can be selected at the display tab of the configurator.

Kind Regards,
Stan Scholtz, RuposTel.com
admin
Site Admin

Return to One Page Checkout for Virtuemart 1.1.x