No error message

No error message

Postby peter@.....com » Sat Aug 20, 2011 12:55 pm

Hi, I have OPC installed with "Enable duplicit emails in any type of registration" OFF, I want no duplicit accounts. Now when existing users try to register as a new user (this happens), they should get a VM error message ("an account with this email address already exists, please log in"). This error message exists in the VM language file but is not show. The user just gets redirected to the blank registration form without seeing a message. Can you help out?
Thanks, Peter
peter@.....com

Re: No error message

Postby admin » Sat Aug 20, 2011 2:59 pm

Hello Peter,
the message should be there and the user should get redirected back to checkout page, but with no data filled there. It seems that the redirect is done by either joomla or some virtuemart file.

The duplicit email feature does not create duplicit accounts, but works this way
- if duplict email in joomla user table is found the customer is handled this way:
- he is not logged in joomla, but he is logged into virtuemart with his joomla user id just for the time of processing his order details and payment
- when he gets to checkout.thankyou page any of his virtuemart login information in session are cleared and he cannot view his order details or previous order details
- if you are using optional or normal registration and the user entered a password it will check if the password is correct and sign in him into joomla and vm, if the password is incorrect he will not get signed in joomla (only in VM for a fraction of time)
- if you are using silent or no registration, user can proceed the order as described above
- after sucessfull order submission the order data are associated to the user with used email address and he can view his data after signing in normally with his password.
- emails are not affected by this feature and customer will always receive the order emails

Stan
admin
Site Admin

Postby peter@.....com » Sun Aug 21, 2011 12:48 pm

Thanks Stan, this does the trick for me. I was afraid of duplicit accounts but now I understand this does not occur. I am using silent account creation so my clients can order whether they are logged in or not, and all orders get added to their account. Good!
peter@.....com

Postby admin » Wed Sep 21, 2011 1:45 pm

Hello,
some customers also use this feature to add phone orders as this is probably the simplest way to do it.
Kind Regards,
Stan Scholtz, RuposTel.com
admin
Site Admin

Return to One Page Checkout for Virtuemart 1.1.x