tracking requirements

tracking requirements

Postby rblezer@.....nl » Fri May 27, 2011 10:28 pm

How do i use the tracking? What is expected to fill in here. I have a working analytics on my standard joomla site.

richard
rblezer@.....nl

Re: tracking requirements

Postby admin » Tue May 31, 2011 2:54 pm

Hello,
there are two types of tracking:
1. Google Ecommerce Tracking
This will work for you when you enabled google ecommerce tracking at the first tab of the configurator. I recommend to enter google analytics tracking code directly to the template files right above </body> tag. For google ecommerce tracking i recommend to enable the feature inside analytics account at google site as well. This is done at the same page as you can copy and paste the code. Google ecommerce tracking works with both the old and the new asynchronious code. The google ecommerce analytics tracking javascript code is loaded after clicking the submit button without a timeout.
2. Campaing setting for Google Adwords
Proceed to tracking tab and fill the fields as following:\
2.1 Enable this feature (CHECKED) - This will create a dynamic iframe after clicking the submit button which will load the html below
2.2 Save as a filename (put "google" here without apostrophies)
2.3 Pre-selected order total. When you generate an adwords tracking code, you are asked for a test total amount, if you put 999 there, you can put 999 here as well. This amount will be replaced by actual order total. Please create at least 100 here (and into your adwords tracking config), so it can be safely replaced.
2.4 Paste either full google adwords tracking code here from google site including the amount at 2.3 or any other tracking code either in html or javascript with it's tags. This code will be loaded inside <body> tags of the inframe. This will be loaded under confirm button at the checkout page. There is only 2 second timeout for loading this code and therefore it is recommended to insert just a code for a tracking image. This is usually in <noscript> tags from your campaing provider
admin
Site Admin

Postby rblezer@.....nl » Thu Jun 09, 2011 12:06 am

ok, thanks. I will try this and let you know. By the way, in which template file do i put the google ecommerce tracking code. Also in respect to the " funnels " in analytics.

richard
rblezer@.....nl

Postby admin » Sun Jun 12, 2011 1:16 pm

I recommend to put general analytics code into your joomla template in:
/templates/YOURTEMPLATE/index.php
Or if you are using a template framework for various devices, search for </body> tag in this directory and put the code above the tag.
admin
Site Admin

Return to One Page Checkout for Virtuemart 1.1.x