UPS & Tax Info

UPS & Tax Info

Postby eric@.....com » Tue Jun 19, 2012 6:27 pm

VirtueMart 1.1.9 stable

For the life of me I can't get this program to caculate the UPS Shipping or the Tax rate.

I have put in the tax rate and checked that VM is using USA as coountry.....not sure how to fix this. Tried using search option but it never works.

Thanks for the help.

Jack
eric@.....com

Re: UPS & Tax Info

Postby admin » Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:15 pm

Hello Jack,
the tax on UPS is pretty tricky because VM1 does not support tax rules per shipping method, but relies on the shipping method to decide on tax which is in 90 percent incorrect and therefore we've implemented many overrides into this.

You may expiriment with settings at the tax tab, especialy:
- if you get double taxation, you can try to enable: Never add tax to the shipping (might fix double taxation as well on vm 1.1.2 and 1.1.3)
- CANNOT BE CHECKED: save shipping with tax...
- and strongly recommended for US use - should be checked: [US] Don't choose vendor's state as default state when no state is selected: will not count taxes on first load of checkout

The tax on shipping should only be counted when Virtual Tax is on in VM config and preferably only one tax rate is found.

Please explain how the tax on shipping should work in your region and we can fix this on your site. Please write us an email to info@rupostel.com and i can send you my support skype.

Best Regards,
Stan
admin
Site Admin

Return to One Page Checkout for Virtuemart 1.1.x