Payment logos and Shipper Information

Payment logos and Shipper Information

Postby alan.underwood@.....uk » Fri Mar 23, 2012 3:04 pm

I understand you are able to add logos for payment methods, however I cannot get this to work, and the html link from the config panel opens a new window with a compression error - please help!

Also, the length of the shipping options don't fit within the 3 column layout - it would fit if I could remove the shipper name - how can I do this so that "Europe (under 350EURO) (International Shipper) 20EURO" becomes "Europe (Under 350EURO) 20EURO" ?
alan.underwood@.....uk

Re: Payment logos and Shipper Information

Postby alan.underwood@.....uk » Fri Mar 23, 2012 3:16 pm

Also, since installing the component, I don't think we're receiving order emails.
alan.underwood@.....uk

Postby admin » Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:27 pm

Hello,
for the order emails problem, please enable the first checkbox at the Emails tab which will use your original VM function for this.

For the payment editor, do you get a compression error for this link?
/administrator/index.php?option=com_onepage&view=payment

If yes, you most probably have some problem with the joomla content editor and you may want to edit the payemnt logos and texts manually with html code in
/administrator/components/com_virtuemart/classes/payment/onepage/{lang2code}/{payment_id}.part.html

or without the content editor in the OPC config.

Best Regards,
Stan
admin
Site Admin

Postby alan.underwood@.....uk » Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:59 am

I do get a compression error.

I have turned off my content editor (tinymce) and I still get the same error.

I'm not sure what you mean by manually in the folder - how do I do this?
alan.underwood@.....uk

Postby alan.underwood@.....uk » Wed Mar 28, 2012 12:53 pm

Well now I have a directory in onepage folder called 'en-GB' which is my language code (?) and 3 files in there called 6.part.html etc

But no logos appearing.

Also another issue - I'm using 3 column layout and the shipping information is too long for the box - how do I eliminate shipper name so instead of "euro (over EUR350) (International Shipper) Free" the drop down simply says "euro (over EUR350) Free"?
alan.underwood@.....uk

Postby admin » Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:20 am

Hello,
is the advanced_payment checkbox enabled? it is required for the logos to display.

You can modify the shipping template directly in
/components/com_virtuemart/themes/default/templates/onepage/ YOUR OPC THEME/shipping_methods.tpl.php

if the file is not there, you can copy and modify it from default template here:
/components/com_virtuemart/themes/default/templates/onepage/shipping_methods.tpl.php

Best Regards,
Stan
admin
Site Admin

Postby alan.underwood@.....uk » Thu Mar 29, 2012 3:09 pm

The advanced checkout was enabled.

There have been many errors I am encountering when using the component...my currency conversion for google checkout doesn't work either.
alan.underwood@.....uk

Postby alan.underwood@.....uk » Thu Mar 29, 2012 4:21 pm

I use ose google checkout, and have some custom code in the payment extra info that pushes through to google to convert the basket from euro to pounds - the one page checkout is not taking this extra payment info and not allowing the payment module to convert the currency.

Any ideas on how I can get it to work?

Also, if I can get the above to work, how do I program in the logos - where do I find the correct payment id for the html file?
alan.underwood@.....uk

Postby admin » Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:18 pm

hello, i think it will be good if you contacted me directly on my mail at info@rupostel.sk and i will give you my skype for online support (only chat). i can fix all your issues within minutes. please contact me during this weekend or during business days from 11 to 18 london time.

also i will need your original basket.php to see the modifications compared to normal vm file and most probably if this is a 3rd party extension i might need a manual from it. if the basket modification was done within the template, you can disable basket template override to get your old basket and disable totals in OPC. but if was done as a core hack, i'd have to see what it was suppose to do.

best regards,
stan
admin
Site Admin

Postby alan.underwood@.....uk » Sun Apr 01, 2012 1:16 pm

Hi - I emailed you from my account webmasters[at]weldspares.co.uk for your skype id - could you let me have it so we can go through the issues?
alan.underwood@.....uk

Next

Return to One Page Checkout for Virtuemart 1.1.x