Auto-Select Country depending on Currency

Auto-Select Country depending on Currency

Postby atrus80 » Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:53 pm

Hi Stan,

At the moment OPC has this great feature of autoselecting country depending on Joomfish language. It seems that we need to take this one step further and have OPC to select the country depending on customer's currency. This is because we often have customers from other countries like Switzerland where there is no need for any specific joomfish language. The customer from Switzerland browses the shop in Swiss Franc (CHF) so it would be nice to see 'Switzerland' immediately when he goes to checkout. I believe this could be hardcoded in OPC as the countries/currencies relations are fixed.

Thanks,
Chris
atrus80

Re: Auto-Select Country depending on Currency

Postby admin » Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:09 pm

Hello Chris, i recommend you to try our updated geolocator (http://www.rupostel.com/free-virtuemart ... for-joomla) together with version 318 or higher. If you unconfigure your Joomfish default shipping contries, the default country will be used from the IP address.

How to set up
- install the geolocator which should download and install the database automatically (if not, let me know)
- update OPC to one of the latest releases
- the default country is now directly selected in the OPC configuration file and therefore you'll need to update and save the configuration after updated

This is how the default country is selected. Starting from the highest priority.
1. Joomfish lang / default country
2. Geoip
3. OPC single default country
4. Vendor's country

Notice to all: Default country is important for a first shipping display prior customer enters the address info.

Notice to the latest EU-VAT releases (1.2.318 stable) with complete override of ps_checkout. Please unconfigure VAT on shipping methods, as it is now calculated according to default tax rules rather than by a buggy code of each shipping method.

Best Regards,
Stan
admin
Site Admin

Return to One Page Checkout for Virtuemart 1.1.x