Direct to checkout cart

Direct to checkout cart

Postby mojsplet@.....com » Sun Mar 20, 2011 9:25 pm

1.At your demo site, when you buy (click on "do košika"), you are redirected directly to checkout cart. I have installed your OPC and everything is working well but this one not. When i click buy, im stil on same page and just cart is updated (message apears for few sec).
2.When on checkot page click on "Allready have an account: Please login" and login send me on home page.
I can give you link to site on PM.
Please advise.
mojsplet@.....com

Re: Direct to checkout cart

Postby admin » Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:51 pm

Hello Mat,
this is pure Virtuemart settings. At your virtuemart template settings (VirtueMart -> Admin -> Configuration -> Site -> Select the theme for your Shop .... Configuration ) please turn off AJAX add to cart (Use Ajax to add, update or delete products from the cart?) if you want your customers to redirect directly to the cart after they click it. If you have any javascript errors in your template this is a risky way of using add to cart as various versions of IE handle errors differently and you might not be able to provide a functional site to some customers of certain IE versions. Have a look into FireFox Error Console to see if your site is javascript error free so you can safely use AJAX cart or not. For AJAX to work properly it is recommended to use only one domain for requests so your site does not make cross domain requests which are blocked by many browsers (called XSS attacks). This can be done by modification of htaccess so your domain from http://domain.com/ gets redirected to http://www.domain.com/ If this modification does not work, you might investigate this redirect in your SEO component settings or vhost settings. Htaccess redirect is much more safe and much faster than php redirect from SEO component.

Second part of your problem: you get redirected to the frontpage after signing in at the checkout page. To fix this try different configurations of your virtuemart login module or eventually disable login feature at the checkout page in the configurator display tab. We will work on this issue later on, so we don't rely on virtuemart login module.

Hopes this helps,
Regards,
Stan Scholtz, RuposTel s.r.o.
admin
Site Admin

Postby mojsplet@.....com » Tue Mar 22, 2011 9:38 pm

Thanks
First part is solved.
Second part...well your answer is giving me no solution. I try all login module configs and nothing helps. I try default joomla login, default VM login module and nothing helps. In the end i even disable login module....again send me on home page.
Now i can see that click on "buy" (on flypage) show me checkout page, but with url www.domain.com/index.php instead. I tested on your demo site and you have same bug.
Your solution without login for returning customer is not acceptable. And so is not acceptable without login module.
If you cant fix this issue then component is useles for me.
mojsplet@.....com

Postby admin » Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:53 am

Hello Mat,
today we discovered an issue with some SEF components. You might be getting redirect to the frontpage because the login module cannot detect current page as shop cart with SEO on shows as /index.php or just / We can override return value of post variable which will be generated for shop.cart page when using login module inside our component. We are investigating the issue and update wll be avaiable in next version (212).
The return url is base64 encoded inside this part: <input type="hidden" value="Lw==" name="return" /> where Lw== is your frontpage ("/")

If you had problems with redirects to either notify scripts or to thank you pages and you use paid version of Artio Joomsef Virtuemart Module we recommend this settings for Artio:
Fix index.php links: no (so it does not touches it)
Number duplicate URLs?: yes (it is better to get duplicates than errors)
sef cache: disable it as we used to have problems when the cache file got php invalid for busy sites and we got fatal errors on the site. you should rather modify and configure system-sef plugin

virtuemart sef settings:
SEF Cart URLs: None links (robots don't need to crawl your cart as they don't support cookies)
SEF Checkout URLs: No (robots will not get to the checkout neither)
admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Wed Mar 23, 2011 3:22 am

Ok, fixed in version 1.2.212: both integrated login module now redirects to SECUREURL.index.php?option=com_virtuemart&page=shop.cart and other login modules on the site redirect to shop.cart page as well. You can download the newest version by logging in with your email and pwd which was sent to you during checkout.
Regards,
Stan
admin
Site Admin

Return to One Page Checkout for Virtuemart 1.1.x