Default shipping

If you are runnig Joomla 3.x and Virtuemart 3.x please post to this forum your questions or support tickets about One Page Checkout

Default shipping

Postby admin » Fri Jul 31, 2015 2:04 pm

I have another that I cannot see in the forums, and maybe it is just simply not possible to do.

We think that the shipping costs should be hidden until the customer has entered any good address for delivery, since the way virtuemart and your component work leads some customers to confussion....

1.- Shipping costs shows either one price before knowing the shipping country and address...
2.- If we put it BLANK AS DEFAULT they get the option of choosing shipping BEFORE entering their address...so, when they do enter the address, it atomatically updates, but they do not look back ... yes some customers make things tough.

is there a way to hide shipping section until they do write shipping address ?

thanks for your comments

hello Luis, there are two ways how to solve this, let me reply below:

ONE OPTION is to enable "choose no shipping as a default", which will make the "-select-" option as the first one selected, this can be enabled here:

this will give this at the FE:

OR you can use "customer initialized shipping", which can be enabled here:

and the FE would look like this:

this is an ideal option if you are shipping with Fedex or other shipipng methods which are both SLOW and require a STRICT ADDRESS to render proper shipping rates.

all options listed here are at the shipping tab.

best regards, stan
admin
Site Admin

Return to One Page Checkout for Virtuemart 3 on Joomla 3.x