Order summary not showing SHIPPING FEE!

If you are runnig Joomla 3.x and Virtuemart 3.x please post to this forum your questions or support tickets about One Page Checkout

Order summary not showing SHIPPING FEE!

Postby rudolfryan » Fri May 29, 2015 7:30 pm

www.myroyaleshop.com

Using express checkout paypal
Order summary on the left of the Paypal Login is not showing the Shipping Fee on the chosen one on the cart.

This is already set to yes "Detail of all items will be sent to PayPal payment page"= YES
I am only getting this on express checkout.
Where am i getting wrong?
rudolfryan

Re: Order summary not showing SHIPPING FEE!

Postby admin » Mon Jun 01, 2015 4:28 pm

hello, in paypal express, the shipping fee (payment fee and taxes) is usually added after the customer returns from paypal, before his final confirmation of the purchase. when he visits paypal, only an authorization request is done (no money is on the way) and once he returns and confirms the new totals (including the calculated taxes, shipping fees, etc... ) the "sale" request is done.

this can lead to lot's of problems including two cent rouding issue, cookie and session expirty, cookie corruption or customer confustion in general (as the amount that he confirmed is not equal to what he is going to pay)

for this reason if you are using any taxes which are not sent to paypal before purchase or shipping fees the paypal express solution is not a recommended way of using paypal. i strongly suggest "paypal standard" (in core) or "paypal standard with API" (3rd party plugins) which do not use this "express" logic (view cart -> visit paypal -> visit cart again with shipping fees -> confirm purchase -> final thank you page with sale request)

best regards, stan
admin
Site Admin

Return to One Page Checkout for Virtuemart 3 on Joomla 3.x