Problem with not selective displaying of payment methods

If you are runnig Joomla 3.x and Virtuemart 3.x please post to this forum your questions or support tickets about One Page Checkout

Problem with not selective displaying of payment methods

Postby goeher » Wed Feb 25, 2015 11:35 am

Hi, this is my first post on this Forum, then Hello to All :)

OPC is showing all methods of payments, regardless of the VM set upper and lower limits. This problem I saw first time in VM 3.0.4 working on J! 3.4.rc and this same is in VM 3.0.6 working on fresh, final release of J! 3.4.0. When I swith to "original" checkout of VM, all is OK - methods of payment are showing selective - depend on value of basket...

VM 3.0.6, J! 3.4.0, OPC 2.0.283

Best Reards
Adam
goeher

Re: Problem with not selective displaying of payment methods

Postby admin » Wed Feb 25, 2015 12:17 pm

hello Adam, we haden't yet tested the joomla 3.4 RC and if more functions are deprecated now, opc may not be fully compatible with this.

what is your state for "do not refresh payment" within the payment tab ? this is the only option in opc which "freezes" display of the payment methods per their first load to support payments that use canvas element (signature) and advanced javascripts.

but we will do a test here and see if we can get the total from the cart to be sent properly.

best regards, stan
admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Wed Feb 25, 2015 12:20 pm

we just did a test on j3.3.6 + opc 283 + vm3.0.6 but the "standard payment" shows properly for this case.

maybe we can check this on your site directly if you'd like.

best regards, stan
admin
Site Admin

Postby goeher » Wed Feb 25, 2015 12:41 pm

At first - this same is not only on RC version - on J! 3.4.0 stable version, published just Today night problem is existing too. Announce about final Joomla 3.4: http://www.joomla.org/announcements.html
On J! 3.3.6 all was working correct on my site too...
Option "do not refresh payment" is OFF.
Please make update in Your test page to actual final version J! 3.4.0 - anyway it will be necessary for You :) - I think, my problem will repeat at Your test site. If not - i will send You access to my site.

Best Regards
Adam
goeher

Postby admin » Thu Feb 26, 2015 4:24 pm

hello Adam, i updated my Joomla to 3.4, reported a new bug in 3.4 that can be related to any installation package:

https://github.com/joomla/joomla-cms/pull/6180
https://github.com/joomla/joomla-cms/issues/6173

and configured my payments at vm2.rupostel.com/purity for under 500 eur + above 500 eur, but i cannot replicate your problem (it does work properly on my site) and besides this, it also shows the payment per country or other restrictions...

i can check this on your site - pls send me your URL and if i do not see any obvious javascript issues, i would then need to check this over the FTP.

best regards, stan
admin
Site Admin

Postby goeher » Thu Feb 26, 2015 5:32 pm

Hi Stan,

I was sending login data to contact@rupostel.com

BR :)
Adam
goeher

Re: Problem with not selective displaying of payment... - SOLVED

Postby goeher » Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:37 pm

Thank You for Your very efficient support. "All signs in the heavens and the earth" indicate that the problem is solved :D :o
goeher

Postby admin » Tue Mar 03, 2015 4:02 pm

hello, you are welcome, the issues were caused by no calculation done at the time when they were being displayed... (the issue was also visible when opc was disabled)
best regards, stan
admin
Site Admin

Postby patbe60 » Wed Mar 04, 2015 1:52 am

Hi Stan

I have the same problem at my site. OPC is also showing all payment methods regardless of setting the limits or the countries. It works fine when disabling OPC.
Could you please tell me how you did fix the problem on Adams site?

Thank you
Patrik

VM 3.0.6.2
OPC 284
J 3.4

EDIT: Maybe I have found my problem: I have created my own OPC theme. I have seen that in some themes there is a new folder in the overrides folder called payment. I have copied this folder also in my theme. After this I got this problem. Can you tell me in which case this folder is needed? I have seen, that this folder doesn't exist in every theme.
patbe60

Postby admin » Thu Mar 05, 2015 7:58 pm

hello patrick, it seems that under some conditions the calculation in the cart is missing once the " payment display event " is called.

i updated the code within my dev version attached in the email i sent you (future 285) - let me know if this solves your problem.

other solution to your issue is:
- remove any minimum and maximum order amounts from the payments and make sure they are all empty (not zero)
- once you update your payments, they should render properly even for the ajax calls of the payments

depending on complexity of your payments (if they have absolutely no restrictions such as country/price/etc...) you may also want to enable " do not refresh payment html"

this problems seems to be caused only on some vm3.x installations

best regards, stan
admin
Site Admin

Return to One Page Checkout for Virtuemart 3 on Joomla 3.x