Delivery date for OPC VM2

Please post your issues and questions about One Page Checkout for Virtuemart 2 to this forum.

Delivery date for OPC VM2

Postby Sandybloemen » Sun Feb 08, 2015 1:20 pm

Hello Rupostel,

First, love the extention, I bought this with no expectation and it solved a lot of issues for me. Very glad!

There's just one issue i cant seem to solve.

We have a flowershop (www.sandybloemen.nl) which delivers flowers, so we need a date picker in the checkout form. Right now we're using the custom fields (Date picker). Which works but running into issues because the customers can choose past dates and on sundays as well.

IS there a way to get a date picker (As delivery date) in the checkout form which blocks sundays and past dates?

I've found another post like this: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=776&p=2585&hilit=Delivery+date&sid=bd3124a5795339891196dbca54532126#p2585
where "admin" has posted: Hello, we will add the datepicker into opc soon, right now it works as a shipping method. (as here http://www.dekeukenvanthijs.nl/).

We need the exact same like the website above has. How do i accomplish this ?

I would like to do this as cheap as possible and really reluctant in buying another plugin from a dev to accomplish this as i dont know if this would be compatible with OPC.

Any response would be greatly appreciated!

Kind regards,

Joe
Sandybloemen

Re: Delivery date for OPC VM2

Postby Sandybloemen » Tue Feb 10, 2015 3:03 pm

Anyone :):) Admin?
Sandybloemen

Postby admin » Wed Feb 11, 2015 12:32 am

Hello Joe, i added a special mode for flower shops that will be available within 282 version that i installed on your shop.

The datepicker is already included and supports day offset, hollidays and to disable any days of the week.

I will be glad to make this run 100 percent on your flowershop per your needs.

Best regards,stan
admin
Site Admin

Postby Sandybloemen » Wed Feb 11, 2015 9:01 am

Hi Stan,

Thanks again for the great support.

I've looked at the update and indeed the delivery date looks great and it exactly what i needed.

Just one question.

I don't the the delivery date back on the order forms. Is there something else I have to do to actually see what the customer fills in? Because right now i can't see/find out what the customers has filled in for 2 orders.. :S
Sandybloemen

Postby admin » Thu Feb 12, 2015 1:06 pm

hello, it should be working well now, i did this:

- i changed the opc's datepicker store format to a global format: yy-mm-dd so it can be processed by joomla and VM
- i hid your original date picker with "opc custom rendered field" and made it not required (the opc date picker is required now, other other field does not need to be)
- now the value is saved within your original field which is not displayed and you can use opc's features to filter the days/hollidays and more..

i also moved your groupon input box with:
- i set it to "opc custom rendered" which hid it at the checkout
- and added the html code of the input right after the beginning of the <form tags in your onepage.unlogged.tpl.php file (the Lastpass extension in my g.chrome thinks that this field is a username... which is really bad and there seems to be no way to tell Lastpass what it should do and what it shouldn't... - it's ignoring autocomplete and detects fields improperly). I already had a customer on my rupostel.com site where Lastpass changed internal input values without the consent of the customer and thus broke the checkout (it changed tax section's data... )

best regards, stan
admin
Site Admin

Postby gestion@.....com » Mon Mar 02, 2015 4:32 am

This is a great addon but a pitty the VM team doesnt add the delivery date in the order comfirmation email, I believe there is nothing OPC can do to add it in the email.
gestion@.....com

Postby admin » Thu Mar 12, 2015 7:58 pm

Hello, i added further support for the delivery field and this is how to use it:

1. Create a new "account only" field within Virtuemart shopper fields configuration. It can be of type DATE or TEXT, it should not be "ship to" field or "required field". Field title will be displayed in order management or emails.

2. In OPC at the shipping tab, chooose this field here:

3. The field will get automatically marked as " custom rendered " and thus it will not be shown in BT fields. (You should not use a ST, ship to, field due to major compatiblity)

Important

if you chose DATE type of the field, the "store value of the datepicker" must be set to "yy-mm-dd", no other option is possible due to mysql limiations and other formatting issues

If you chose "text" field, you can use also "d MM yy" which will show 3. March 2014"

For further options to display/store date, see:
http://api.jqueryui.com/datepicker/#utility-formatDate

Farsi language notice:
If you'd like to use the datapicker in Gregorian (international) format with proper Farsi names

you may need to edit this file:
\components\com_virtuemart\assets\js\i18n\jquery.ui.datepicker-fa.js

and update the line with monthNames to:

Code: Select all
monthNames: ['ژانویه', 'فوریه', 'مارس', 'آوریل', 'می', 'ژوئن',
  'ژوئیه', 'اوت', 'دسامبر', 'اکتبر', 'نوامبر', 'دسامبر'],

Best Regards, Stan
admin
Site Admin

Return to One Page Checkout for Virtuemart 2